X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt
    • Aug 2023

Nvda

Got alerted 6% bump after hours. 10:1 splitz

Good chits. AggieDad some info on the competition.

AMD's open-source ROCm investment is being leveraged to claim turf that Nvidia has fought to control with its CUDA system.

I'm starting there beginning of June see how it goes. I think we all can make some $$ with the competitive technologies, whichever side you are on. Im straddling both.
    Last edited by Matt; 05-22-2024, 06:53 PM.
  • Matt
    • Aug 2023

Also cerebus. We poc'd cerebus cs2 system in the US mmm 2022? https://www.cerebras.net/press-relea...ergy-research/

Saw them at SC23. Something to keep an eye on too

Comment

• 98aggie77566
      • Aug 2023

Gonna open over $1000?

Im curious to see how the stock behaves after the split.

A 10% increase being $10 a share seems a lot more digestible to investors than $100 a share.

Comment

• RRbohemian
        RRbohemian commented
        Editing a comment
        98aggie77566, when is the stock split? Also, there has to be a ton of millionaires walking the hallways @ Nvidia. Have a lot of old timers cash in and now living the dream? I know those RSUs and bonuses are hard to turn away from, but I finally thought this is why I worked so hard for and decided working for a living was for the young.
    • matth
      • Aug 2023

I’ve been watching NVDA even though I know nothing about stocks. It looks to have made a big jump today.

Comment

• 98aggie77566
        • Aug 2023

The confidence in the earnings call was pretty overwhelming…particularly the forward looking comments like “Demand is just so strong”…and the dividend enhancements (although a bit meaningless compared to growth) put some weight behind that confidence. The earnings growth is larger than the GDP of some countries.

I think the next 2-3 years will be solid for NVDA…the competition nipping at their heals keeps them on their toes. And Jensen ain’t one to rest on his laurels. When you make $2B in a morning and it doesn’t phase you lol.

My dos centavos:
        - The hardware will be best in class for years.
        - The software angle is where you need to watch. The value there is beginning to rival the hardware. Think of switching from your IPhone to an Android…but with software at a Corporate scale running apps that generate millions.
        - Most importantly we are in the first phase of AI….Training. Companies are buying at these levels trying to train a model with their data to generate value….you name the industry! Once those models are trained, then then the inference phase starts to actually deliver something for end users….that takes even more horsepower, and once you start delivering with subscriptions, you buy more and more.

This is the next Industrial Revolution our great grandkids will be talking w….good or bad.

Next up added to the Dow?

Comment

• Matt
          • Aug 2023

Saw that post comparison to the gold rush. The only people who got rich were the ones selling the shovels and lamps.... Keep designing them shovels. Also TSM!!! 🤙

Comment

• 98aggie77566
            • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Matt
            Saw that post comparison to the gold rush. The only people who got rich were the ones selling the shovels and lamps.... Keep designing them shovels. Also TSM!!! 🤙
            Time will tell….this will be one of those things (like the dot com days) we are talking about years from now.

This is could be near the equivalent of going from horse and buggy to the internal combustion engine….or a big bubble that fizzles in 5 or less years.

My money is riding on the former…and timing is gonna make millionaires and folks with regrets…not mutually exclusive lol.

Comment

• Matt
              Matt commented
              Editing a comment
              I changed... we we both changed jobs for it. That's gangster right there 😂
          • Matt
            • Aug 2023

I don't see gpu going anywhere for some time. Things will change that is a guarantee with ,imv power consumption driving which way. Some already tried earlier to keep PUE down. Installed some large arm clusters back in the day and MIC boards, TACC... Gone. The cerebras wafers looked interesting. FPGA etc. right now we are in a good spot until you see which way things are headed but by that time we might be sitting watching from the sidelines in C.R.

Comment

• matth
              • Aug 2023

I’m following these posts but no comprende. Y’all are talking another language.

Comment

• 98aggie77566
                • Aug 2023

CR = Costa Rica lol…that’s the part that matters!

Comment

• Matt
                  • Aug 2023

Nice run today 👍

Comment

• Matt
                    • Aug 2023

12k -> 1/4M

Comment

• 98aggie77566
                      • Aug 2023

Huh?

Comment

• 98aggie77566
                        • Aug 2023

Been a lot of positive buzz lately....and a run to follow.
                        - Blackwell Ultra
                        - Rubin (not the sammich)...and the acceleration of next generation platforms....down to 1 year (or less)
                        - NIMs and a growing library
                        - Tesla buying a boatload....or Twitter....or both - who knows?
                        - supply improving, and expanding to higher performance memory suppliers
                        - small/mini nuclear powered data centers are becoming a thing to power......GPUs!

Stock split on Friday!

Comment

• Matt
                          • Aug 2023

Tsm ((amd nvda)) ...not.sure on intel , late to the party. Things popping. Are you going to SC in ATL??
                          DataAI as well
                          Last edited by Matt; 06-05-2024, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Working...