Visit and support our Site Sponsor

Coolchange and Mary: Celebration of Life, June 1st at Sam's Beach.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coachlaw
    • Aug 2023

Coolchange and Mary: Celebration of Life, June 1st at Sam's Beach.

Please join us for a celebration of life for our departed friend Rick (Coolchange) Forrester and his wife Mary. June 1st, 2024 at Sam's Beach (Between Access 4 and 5 Surfside). We will be spreading their ashes and pass a good time together remembering our friend. Rick was such a huge part of these boards and truly one of the best people I've ever had the privilege of knowing. It was his wish to have their ashes spread in this place with as many of us in attendance as possible.

Guy Nicholls has been charged by the family to carry these wishes through. He is interested in your thoughts if you have any, about how this should go. You can reach him at 713-foureightzero-84sevenone. There will be someone there to play some of Rick's original songs. Just as for Sam and VJER Vic, Guy is constructing a memorial cross to install at the site.

The time and other particulars have not been set as of yet. I realize this is just 2 weeks after our Sargent Gathering on the 18th of May, but this is the best time for most involved. So please do join us to remember Coolchange. All the Best, Sandy
    Attached Files
    From 1970-1997, true Heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thans for buying the Camp."
  • OneDayScratch
    • Aug 2023

Rick was truly a good friend. I enjoyed our late night discussions and early morning coffees. We often referred to him as a pirate but he was a very gentle soul. It was My pleasure to know him.
    BOT
    Bacon, Oysters & Tacos

It's not red vs. blue, it's the state vs. you

Comment

• portalto
      • Aug 2023

I miss talking to Rick. He was a great guy.
      Who knew that the hardest thing of being an adult is figuring out what to fix for dinner and doing it every single night for the rest of your life until you die?
      Annette

Comment

• Walkin' Jack
        • Aug 2023

It breaks my heart to have to type this. Tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat....I will not be able to attend this long awaited event. And even sadder, it is likely that Ill never get to come down to that part Texas again. I can drive okay around here. But an hour is about my limit. A 5 12 to 6 hour drive is just out of the question. But a much bigger issue is my sweet bride. None of her problems are immediately life threatening but Her quality of life is all but non-existant. Fibro myalgia and IBS are the main problems. She is in constant pain every moment she is awake. Some days are better than others but sleep is the only real peace she knows. I can't leave her over night. Please know that I love all of you and even if you don't see me Ill be there in thought and in spirit. I never had a better friend than Rick. We spent a lot of good times together on the water and at our various gatherings and get- togethers. Rick, Mary May you rest in peace. Know that you were loved and will remain in our hearts for as long as we live. I hope y'all will post lots of pictures.

Comment

• OneDayScratch
          • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Walkin' Jack
          It breaks my heart to have to type this. Tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat....I will not be able to attend this long awaited event. And even sadder, it is likely that Ill never get to come down to that part Texas again. I can drive okay around here. But an hour is about my limit. A 5 12 to 6 hour drive is just out of the question. But a much bigger issue is my sweet bride. None of her problems are immediately life threatening but Her quality of life is all but non-existant. Fibro myalgia and IBS are the main problems. She is in constant pain every moment she is awake. Some days are better than others but sleep is the only real peace she knows. I can't leave her over night. Please know that I love all of you and even if you don't see me Ill be there in thought and in spirit. I never had a better friend than Rick. We spent a lot of good times together on the water and at our various gatherings and get- togethers. Rick, Mary May you rest in peace. Know that you were loved and will remain in our hearts for as long as we live. I hope y'all will post lots of pictures.
          Jack, you are in my prayers. May your bride find some relief. I'll definitely miss you my friend.
          BOT
          Bacon, Oysters & Tacos

It's not red vs. blue, it's the state vs. you

Comment

• Cornhusker
            • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Walkin' Jack
            Take care of Mrs. Pam Mr. Jack.
            It's hell getting old but y'all have each other and that's a blessing that in unmeasurable!!!!
            Did y'all see the size of that chicken?

Comment

• coachlaw
              • Aug 2023

Jack, You sure will be missed. I know it was hard for you to write that. We will be proud to represent you there. Rick will know how much you wanted to be there. I pray that you both get some relief from your maladies. Sorry I could not answer your call today. I was in the middle of class. I will call you back this weekend.
              From 1970-1997, true Heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thans for buying the Camp."

Comment

Working...