Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kevin Nicholls
    • Aug 2023

A fast evening trip 4-23-24

Got home after work and decided I had to go. Hitched up the boat and went to a local creek. Was on the water at 6 pm. Went looking for reds along some grass lines and it was pretty dead. Went looking for some new areas and didn't see anything worth stopping for. I thought maybe it's going to be a boat ride instead. running along I saw some bait flicker on the surface and pulled into the shoreline. It took a little to figure them out but the trout were hanging on the drop off. Throw to the shore and stay in contact with the bottom, as the lure went off the drop they were hitting on the slack line. Picked up a couple small trout and switched to a 3/8 oz jighead and hooked a few bigger, 16''er's, trout. Lost a couple boat flipping them and finally got one to take a picture of. They throw those heavier jigheads way too often, that's one reason I don't throw em. The mullet looking flukes I made did the damage. I made a couple wood poppers this Click image for larger version

Name:	11.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	101172 Click image for larger version

Name:	12.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	101173 weekend and had a three pounder blow it a foot out of the water but didn't stick.
    I don't have anything clever to write here.
  • SGrem
    • Aug 2023

Man I love those quick drop in trips. Keeps you healthy mind, body, and spirit. Nice work dude.

Comment

• Kevin Nicholls
      • Aug 2023

It's what keeps me sane. Sorta

Comment

• SGrem
        SGrem commented
        Editing a comment
        Bless his heart....

Just keep believing that my friend. We give ya a thumbs up!
    • BretE
      • Aug 2023

Good job! I’m amazed at the calm water….haven’t seen that in a good while. Wind’s been pumping here every day….
      I got nuthin….

Comment

• Kevin Nicholls
        • Aug 2023

I was in a creek bend with tall trees blocking the gale, lol. Just around the corner it was a little rough, probably a steady 12mph with gusts to 18. That's what I like about creeks, I can find a place to hide.

Comment

• Rainbowrunner
          • Aug 2023

Good job Kevin. You’re keeping the Fishing Forum alive. 🦈
          My favorite essential oil is bacon grease

Comment

• Duckchasr
            • Aug 2023

Thanks for the post. For folks that are stuck at work we can only daydream.
            Revelation 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.​

"Man will ultimately be governed by God or by tyrants." -- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Reality Czech
              • Aug 2023

As stated by RR above, you are keeping this fishing forum alive.

Thanks

I'm locked and loaded for the surf, just waiting to pull the trigger
              Twilight Zone Refugee

Comment

Working...