Clear All
  • Bocephus
    • Aug 2023

"Lake" Trinity Bay

It's a little bit fresh this morning...

I miss the America I grew up in.
  • SGrem
    • Aug 2023

Look for fresh water species water body records to come from Texas City Dike and Seawolf Park. Lol....

Fresh water floats on top of the saltwater. Dredge that shell. Gotta be turning over oyster with your jig tails.

Comment

• Bocephus
      • Aug 2023

Originally posted by SGrem
      Look for fresh water species water body records to come from Texas City Dike and Seawolf Park. Lol....

Fresh water floats on top of the saltwater. Dredge that shell. Gotta be turning over oyster with your jig tails.
      Yessir, that's the ticket. I've seen T-Bay like that more times than I care to remember.

I guess it needs a good flushing every few years, maybe that helps things somehow, I don't know.
      I miss the America I grew up in.

Comment

• Txflats
        • Aug 2023

Hopefully TPWD isn't doing trout gill net sampling cause they may want to put the limit at zero when nothing shows up in the nets.

Comment

• 2Ws
          2Ws commented
          Editing a comment
          Ain't that the sad truth
      • LouReed
        • Aug 2023

Used to fish Trinity a lot back in the 90s and many a time we'd start a drift and someone would bend over to taste and get fresh tasting water. Still caught plenty of trout in 6 feet of water "turning shell" with soft plastics.

BTW, thanks for that link. I had lost it when I changed PCs a few years ago and never looked for it. Just saved it again. I love that you can check other locations.

Comment

• Unknownstrohsfan
          • Nov 2023

Originally posted by LouReed
          Used to fish Trinity a lot back in the 90s and many a time we'd start a drift and someone would bend over to taste and get fresh tasting water. Still caught plenty of trout in 6 feet of water "turning shell" with soft plastics.

BTW, thanks for that link. I had lost it when I changed PCs a few years ago and never looked for it. Just saved it again. I love that you can check other locations.
          Was great when there was a piece of shell to turn over. The only shell now is covered by dredging muck and long dead. Better go south, west bay will be the place to be.

Comment

• LouReed
            • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Unknownstrohsfan

Was great when there was a piece of shell to turn over. The only shell now is covered by dredging muck and long dead. Better go south, west bay will be the place to be.
            There are a few reasons I don't fish Trinity anymore and, though that's one of them, it's really that I go to other parts of the coast.

Comment

Working...