Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wfishtx
    • Aug 2023

Fishing Chinquapin, Live Oak Bay & Bayou, Dressing Point

Looking for some insight on fishing this area of East Matty. Not looking for secret honey holes, but rather some insight on areas to be careful of based on depths, reefs, etc. I'm in a 23' JH Outlaw, so I can get fairly skinny and would likely be looking for good spots to anchor up and wade and/or drift.

I'm taking my wife and two kiddos out this weekend and thought we'd explore some new areas. I'll be putting in at the harbor and running the ICW to this area. Is it better to cross into the bay at the first cut and then run the bay over to this area or should I run the ICW all the way down and if so, is there a particular area that is best to cross into the bay (via Google Earth, this area looks to be fairly open between the ICW and the bay). I honestly have no idea what the depths are in this part of the bay, so again, any insight that'll keep me from tearing something up would be great.

Also, how realistic is it to run up the creek to Lake Austin and is Lake Austin a viable fishing area or is it too shallow?

Thanks in advance!
  • Kevin Nicholls
    • Aug 2023

I sent you a PM
    I don't have anything clever to write here.

Comment

• texasair
      • Aug 2023

Hey Kevin, Send me a PM also. Most of my fishing out of Sargent has been offshore. My grandsons and I could use some inshore guidance. We have been scoping out that same area on Google maps thinking that it may have possibilities.

Comment

• Kevin Nicholls
        • Aug 2023

PM sent
        I don't have anything clever to write here.

Comment

• wfishtx
          • Aug 2023

Originally posted by texasair
          Hey Kevin, Send me a PM also. Most of my fishing out of Sargent has been offshore. My grandsons and I could use some inshore guidance. We have been scoping out that same area on Google maps thinking that it may have possibilities.
          I talked to Kevin last night and he told me that the fishing over there has turned to crap and to not even bother.....

Comment

• Trouthunter
            Administrator
            • Aug 2023

Lake Austin is full of shell and it's shallow but it holds a lot of flounder and redfish.
            Life its too short to own ugly handguns and drink fruity whiskey.

Comment

Working...