Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phantom Fisherman
    • Aug 2023

Ulterra owners warning

I just installed a Dakota Lithium 36v 60 Ah battery in my boat to power my Minn Kota Ulterra. Did not work! After charging all night the battery dropped from 9.1v to 0.1. After a call to Dakot tech support I found out that the BMS in the batteries shuts down the battery when connected to an Ulterra. So, have to hazmat ship battery back and they are replacing it with three 12v 60Ah batteries. Was hoping to get away fromthree batteries but at least for now I will have to put the three in series. At least they are not charging me more and said they would take care of the hazmat shipping if I sent receipt in. So BEWARE of Dakota Lithium with Ulterra trolling motors.
  • SGrem
    • Aug 2023

I have two 36v Ulterras. One of them on a single 60ah 36v Lithium Pros probably has over 12,000 hours now. Rebuilt this trolling motor once.

Second 36v Ulterra on a single 40ah 36v Lithium Pros. Battery is over 12 years old and has been in at least five boats.

No issues.

Comment

• Phantom Fisherman
      • Aug 2023

It seems to be. “New” problem with the BMS modules in the new 36v 60 Ah and 100Ah Dakota Lithiums. Seems the special sale price was not so special after all. I guess the Lithium Pro units have a better BMS. The Dakota tech knew immediately that it was the Ulterra incompatibility. I told him they should have a warning On their website.

Comment

• SGrem
        • Aug 2023

Dang. That's a tough one to chew on.

Comment

Working...