Visit and support our Site Sponsor

Don't feed the gators SharkChum and TPotts.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unknownstrohsfan
    • Nov 2023

Don't feed the gators SharkChum and TPotts.

• TPOTTS
    • Aug 2023

Now that would be some real “land based” fishing. That’s a big ol lizard!

Comment

• 2Ws
      • Aug 2023

A few years back in the same general area the wife n I watched a 10+ RUN across beach and into the water. I'm telling you it was hauling butt and was close to 3' tall while running
      Well cut my legs off and call me shorty

Comment

• copanoson
        • Aug 2023

Several years ago we were brushing our duck blind in Copano Bay just off the shoreline at the same location we'd hunted many years. Walking back to shore my friend's dad said, "look at that alligator," and I thought he was full of it, but sure enough, a 10+ foot gator hanging out just off the bank in the salt grass. The scary thing, we walked past that gator half a dozen times carrying supplies and never saw him/her. Also, my dog was just roaming around the water like he always did, and likely walked within feet of that gator.

We thought he was dead at first because he wouldn't move...we threw small rocks and sticks to get him to move, but he never would. My friend said he was going to grab the gator's tail. He got one foot in the water and the gator slowly started to turn...nope! Biggest gator I've personally seen alive...HUGE! He was likely closer to 12 foot. Refugio/Bayside area received a lot of rain that week, so we figured he traveled down Mission River with the high water and made his way another ~2 miles to our location.

Comment

• Unknownstrohsfan
          • Nov 2023

Seen a couple that big 10 to 12 footers, in Trinity bay, in places unexpected. They are all over.

Comment

• SGrem
            • Aug 2023

Is aligator seafood or land food?

What about frogs? Turtles?

How about water buffalo?

Comment

• WhiteBassFisher
              • Aug 2023

Biggest gator I have seen was on the bank of an oxbow off of Bedias Creek. Bedias Creek is the county line between Walker and Madison county, and hits the Trinity River. It got big for a reason; even though we were what seemed a comfortable distance from it, it got nervous and stood up and walked into the water. It had to be 13', seriously.

Comment

• Bill
                Akula
                • Aug 2023

While you won't see them everyday, we have gators here in Seabrook. Plenty of wildlife to keep an eye out for when walking. Gators, big mix of snakes, wild hogs and deer and the most vicious being the Mocking Birds.

Comment

• WhiteBassFisher
                  WhiteBassFisher commented
                  Editing a comment
                  LOL, yes...Mocking Birds are mean!
              • older 37
                • Aug 2023

they are everywhere there is water in Texas
                Old is just a number

Comment

Working...