Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kevin Nicholls
    • Aug 2023

No fish report 4-17-24

I had enough at work yesterday and didn't go back after lunch. I loaded the kayak and ran south to an area I know well. Once again the weatherman lied. wind was blowing a bit more than forecasted but I was going anyway. It was tough, I have a trolling motor on the back of my kayak but I just couldn't get the right angle on the limited chances I had. I went deep into the marsh and spooked several in 6'' of water before I could throw to them. Tough day, high winds blah blah blah. It was better than being at work. Hey even Casey strikes out. I'll get em next time.

Fish picture with a cool lure in it's mouth should be right here.
    I don't have anything clever to write here.
  • Reality Czech
    • Aug 2023

A report is a report
    Thanks

I'm watching the surf for a window, but the forecast is not looking so good

Would be nice to have a catch like this again, minus a few trout though

Click image for larger version

Name:	Surf.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	99409
    Twilight Zone Refugee

Comment

• Kevin Nicholls
      • Aug 2023

A freind got a few nice trout Monday at the Surfside jetty free lining shrimp and slip corking. They're there, just need a window. First week of May is when I get to watching, kids are still in school so the beach isn't as crowded. I'll be there for sure.
      I don't have anything clever to write here.

Comment

• Matt
        • Aug 2023

Mullet are in the surf, pup sharks. 100" bull last weekend, rogue tiger what 4 weeks ago. Get out there RC!

Comment

• Bandit1
        • Aug 2023

Nothing in San Leon last weekend, conditions were perfect Friday night but not a single trout showed. Calm water, good level, good tide, light winds, plenty of bait. Nothing. No reds or black drum on shrimp either, tried both day and night throughout the weekend.
        The artist formerly known as Johnbutte1

What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms. - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• BretE
          • Aug 2023

I haven’t even dropped my boat out of the boathouse in way too long. I just can fight the wind…..I hoping my new boat will do considerably better in the wind….should be ready soon!
          I got nuthin….

Comment

• Bandit1
            • Aug 2023

Its stingray season in San Leon now. Caught half a dozen over the course of the weekend, along with usual batch of hardheads. No reds, no black drum, one whiting. Live shrimp and dead, made no difference. No trout Friday or Saturday, but Sunday right before heading home they started to show up in the lights and I caught a couple. Wife said we had to go so that's all I got.
            The artist formerly known as Johnbutte1

What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms. - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...