Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kevin Nicholls
    • Aug 2023

Feeder had a tree on it.

I went to West Columbia this morning to get my feeder going. Went back to it and it was under a tree, two legs bent and it was on the ground. I didn't bring my chainsaw so I had to use the four wheeler and rope to rescue my poor old feeder. Brought it home and got it going again. I'll go back tomorrow and get it set up. The joys of deer hunting lol.
    I don't have anything clever to write here.
  • Shooter
    • Aug 2023

Pigs. I just got all mine going a couple of weeks ago. 3000lbs of corn got them started. I'll top them all off in a couple of weeks. My old back would not let me finish the job.
    Last edited by Shooter; 09-04-2023, 07:53 AM.
    Making Texas Hog Free One Hog At A Time

Comment

• older 37
      • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Shooter
      Pigs. I just got all mine going a couple of weeks ago. 3000lbs of corn got them started. I'll top them all off in a couple of weeks. My old back would not let me finish the job.
      That's why this old man isn't hunting any longer, too hard on the old body .
      Old is just a number

Comment

• 2Ws
        • Aug 2023

Originally posted by older 37

That's why this old man isn't hunting any longer, too hard on the old body .
        Come on now, ya need to find some youngons to help ya, my dad passed a week before making 95, he took 3 deer his last year.
        Well cut my legs off and call me shorty

Comment

• older 37
          • Aug 2023

Originally posted by 2Ws

Come on now, ya need to find some youngons to help ya, my dad passed a week before making 95, he took 3 deer his last year.
          I started hunting in 1957, with a group of 11 men including myself and have hunted in Colorado, New Mexico, S Dakota and Texas. I at 87 am the only one left and never hooked up with any others. I feel like since at distance my eyes aren't what they once were and I am not as steady, I don't want to shoot a high powered rifle on another mans property. Just how I think.
          Old is just a number

Comment

• Univ.of Hard Knocks grad
            • Aug 2023

I have had trees fall on my feeders, on my stands and also Hurricane Alicia blew the tree down I had built a tree stand in overlooking a creek bottom. Took five trips of lumber and two days to build that tree stand. No four wheelers then. My girlfriend (now wife) and I pack muled it there. We were thirty feet up and could see into the next county. Sucked to get all the way back there and see it on the ground. Only tree in the area that fell. At least we didn't find out opening morning. Buddy had a chair tripod stand get crushed by a huge tree once during the night during a storm. Got there next morning and was glad it happened while he was gone.

Comment

• Kevin Nicholls
              • Aug 2023

Well I got my feeder up and running so I went to the back of the property today, I ran of of time yesterday. That's where I found my best ladder stand had a big limb fall across the ladder and bend it. I brought it home today for repairs. The joy continues lol.
              I don't have anything clever to write here.

Comment

Working...