Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wado II
    • Aug 2023

Savage Manbun

While I was messing with my .243 I zeroed a new scope on the Creedmoor. Some 100 grain Sierra handloads I have loaded for coyotes zipping along a little over 3000fps. Got lucky my bore sight had me on at fifty yards first shot a little right second shot after scope adjustment dead on. Fired three at 100 and was a little left and high about what I like did an adjustment and shot the five shot group. Not my best effort maybe another day will be better. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3384.jpg
Views:	457
Size:	141.8 KB
ID:	78547
  • SafetyMan
    • Aug 2023

Nice shooting.

Comment

• Wado II
      Wado II commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. One thing I enjoy doing that doesn't require a bunch of labor.
  • Wado II
    • Aug 2023

I haven't shot it much I need to load some heavier bullets and work on that. Those 100 grain Sierra Hollow Points are popular with the 6.5 Grendel shooters Midway was out of stock for a while.

Comment

• KWeber
      KWeber commented
      Editing a comment
      blowing 20+ here.. good day to drop powder... shoot another day
      I need to bring the Henry over... I think you'll like it
      Time stands still for nobody, including Henry Repeating Arms. We’ve built our name and reputation on America’s most extensive line of lever actions, and that’s what most of the firearms world thinks of when our name comes up. But we’ve felt for quite a while now, that there’s more we could be doing in the
  • Wado II
    • Aug 2023

Those henry's are pretty rifles. I still want a 357-38 special lever rifle just don't want one of the Golden Boys or brass receiver rifles. I was supposed to have a shot at an old Marlin 357-38 special but haven't heard back on it.

Comment

• KWeber
      KWeber commented
      Editing a comment
      the wood on mine is nice... needs a cheek riser, but I hate covering the wood...

• Trouthunter
      Trouthunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Josh's gun shop in Leakey has a new Rossi stainless in 38/357 for sale. I looked at it last Friday. Sweet little rifle and Josh will negotiate.
  • Wado II
    • Aug 2023

I have this one on my Matchmaster. Faux leather but looks good and can be removed. Click image for larger version

Name:	JAoQHSb.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	78691

Comment

• KWeber
      KWeber commented
      Editing a comment
      Tourbon Hunting Rifle Gun Cheek Rest Riser Pad Buttstock Left Hand Genuine Leather W/Ammo Cartridges Holder Shooting Accessories in online-store aliexpress.com. Large selection of Hunting Sports & Entertainment in United States, United Kingdom, India, Germany, Ukraine, Australia, Canada, France, Sweden, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Spain, Brazil, Thailand, Turkey, Romania, Singapore, Greece, South Korea, Hungary, Mexico, Pakistan, Belgium, Japan, Vietnam, South Africa, Czech Republic, United Arab Emirates, Hong Kong, Switzerland, Portugal, Bulgaria, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Slovakia, Finland, Denmark, Ireland, Israel, China, Taiwan, Norway, Egypt, New Zealand, Croatia, Austria.

probably get one of these...

• KWeber
      KWeber commented
      Editing a comment
      We made our initial centerfire reputation with the handgun-calibered Big Boy, so it was a logical choice to expand the steel-framed case-hardened finish into that line-up, and we’ve got six hard-workin’ lever actions here that merge the classic looks of those beautifully-done case colors and octagonal barrels with the practicality of a side loading gate and lighter weight than the original brass models.We know very well that no two people agree on the ideal rifle, so we not only give you your choice of Big Boy calibers in .357 Mag/.38 Special, .44 Mag/.44 Special, and .45 Colt, but you can also choose between either a standard 20” barrel and lever, or a compact 16.5” barrel fitted with a large-loop lever for cold-weather gloved use (or just-because style points in general). Both long and short models feature clean checkering on fore-end and straight-wrist stock, our adjustable buck and bead sights, an automatic in-hammer transfer bar safety, and our best-of-both-worlds side loading gate and removable tube magazine configuration.Paired with a trusty revolver in the same caliber, or as a stand-alone trail partner, the rifle takes to a saddle scabbard like it was born there, and the carbine carries just as trim through the brush on foot as it does in and out of the truck or Jeep. These steel Big Boys are also drilled and tapped for scope mounts, and coupled with our dependable smooth actions and built-in accuracy, they’re every bit as good on the Fall hunt as they are on Saturday afternoon paper at the range.Put some color in your life today, and make sure it says “Henry” on the barrel.

• KWeber
      KWeber commented
      Editing a comment
      While we are fond of the brass tradition begun by B.T. Henry’s 1860 rifle, we do understand that today’s hunter may prefer something a shade lighter on the mountain, and the Big Boy Steel Side Gate carries on the same brush gun appeal of the brass-framed Big Boys in its overall configuration, but with upgraded features for the modern hunter, while weighing in 1.68lbs. less than its cousin.These Side Gate models come in .357 Mag/.38 Special, .44 Mag/.44 Special, and .45 Colt, with either a standard 20” round barrel and regular lever, or a compact 16.5” round barrel and a large-loop lever for gloved cold-weather use and extra style points. Both models feature fine checkering on the genuine American walnut fore-end and straight-wrist stock, range-adjustable semi-buckhorn rear and brass bead front sights, an automatic in-hammer transfer bar safety, and our best-of-both-worlds side loading gate and removable tube magazine configuration. Rifles hold ten rounds in the tube, and carbines hold seven.Together with a trusty revolver in the same caliber, these rifles and carbines make the most of Cowboy Logistics, reducing the weight of the ammunition required on the trail. They fit saddle scabbards snugly, with the milder report of pistol-caliber cartridges being easier on the horse ears. The carbine makes as handy a trail partner in dense woodland undergrowth as it does in off-road vehicles and trucks.Traditional in appearance, pistol-caliber Big Boys are drilled and tapped for optic mounts for rapid target acquisition with red dots and longer reach with magnified scopes. Long barrels produce a substantial velocity increase with Magnum pistol cartridges, approaching the conventional rifle levels while offering greater tube magazine capacity and shorter lever throws thanks to shorter cases. Smooth, dependable actions and inherent accuracy of Henry barrels add up to enjoyable handling and effective performance on game and paper targets alike.A perfect choice for straight-walled cartridge hunting laws in Ohio, Indiana, Southern Michigan, and those pending in other areas; with its subdued no-spook-em dark finish and easy-to-maneuver dimensions, we’ve got that brand new deer rifle you’ve been looking for right here.The Big Boy Steel is also available in .327 Fed Mag and .41 Mag without a side loading gate. Click Here to Learn More.
  • KWeber
    • Aug 2023

Wade.. look above...

Comment

• Wado II
    • Aug 2023

Hot tamale, they are right proud of that color case hardened 357-38 special rifle. It is nice looking I'm hoping the old man comes across with that Marlin he has and doesn't shoot anymore. The blued steel version Henry is a little less only other ones I have looked at are Rossi, Mummes has a couple of them.

Comment

• Trouthunter
      Administrator
      • Aug 2023

Wade try the 129 grain Hornady SST bullets and never look back.
      Life its too short to own ugly handguns and drink fruity whiskey.

Comment

• copanoson
        • Aug 2023

Barnes 120 GR TTSX is another option.

Comment

• SmithRanchZ
          • Aug 2023

Yotes? 100 grain Nosler BTs for great velocity and accuracy. For cheaper and effective, the 120 Sierra Match kings.

For cheap, Speer tnt 90 grain hollow points.

Comment

• Wado II
            • Aug 2023

I don't have any Barnes 6.5 bullets I did have some 129 SST but must have shot them up in my .260 Remington. I do have some 129 Hornady Interlocks might load a few of them this thing shoots everything pretty good just about all have been under an inch at 100 yards. I even shot some Swift Scirocco 130's they are longer bullets than the Bergers my powder charge was a little low on them.

Comment

• Wado II
              • Aug 2023

Getting good results with 95 V Max and the Sierra 100 grain hollow points. Both running about 3000 fps. I loaded some of the Sierra's with 8208XBR and shot good groups I need to chronograph them and see what kind of speed I am getting with that powder. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1490.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	79867

Comment

• Wado II
                • Aug 2023

Had a good group going with the 100 grain Sierra. Don't recall which shot opened it up. Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0019.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	79870

Comment

• jimk
                  • Aug 2023

Good shooting!
                  Jak Sie Masz, Y'all!

Comment

• Wado II
                    • Aug 2023

Still tuning loads. I'm thinking about building a 100 yard backstop behind my house so I can shoot here instead of down at the tank berm. My portable bench is kind of rickety laying on the ground and shooting prone might be a little exciting with the big red ants we have everywhere not to mention scorpions.

Comment

• jimk
                      jimk commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yup...shooting off the tailgate I had something sting my neck...looked down and big red ants all over my boots. Gets one's attention pdq.

• KWeber
                      KWeber commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Wade, you shooting tomorrow or sat?

• Wado II
                      Wado II commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Man, I don't know yet one minute they say it's gonna flood next we have a strong norther coming. Supposed to be in the thirties Sunday morning. Right now would be good I thought it was going to drizzle I went ahead and hung two new roll up sunshades this morning sprayed 2-4-D yesterday. I should have a package Saturday at the post office we may hit town then just have to see what the weather brings.
                  Working...