Clear All
  • Wado II
    • Aug 2023

A Little 22 Practice

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3393.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	133.5 KB
ID:	84004 I did some scope moving a couple of months back today I did it again. The Creedmoor Meopta scope was put back on my RimX 22 and the new Meopta 4.5 x 27 scope that I put on it is on the Creedmoor. I decided I need more magnification for the 6.5 since I mostly shoot 50 yards with the 22. I also did some ring swapping and have QD Leupold rings on a Vortex scope that resides on my 513 Remington. So I got two 22's sighted back in today still have to sight in the Manbun with its new eyes. RimX wasn't too far off and did some fine tuning with a not so good lot of Norma Tac 22. This Norma is about the same price as CCI Standard Velocity but shoots circles around CCI. I started out on the center bullseye and went top left to right adjusting the scope then bottom left to right to finish. Last group was mehhh. I usually do better no wind no mirage so no excuses just me. I only shoot lubricated solid lead subsonic in this rifle and 99% of the time suppressed through a Yankee Hill Mite can. I have a tuner but it's a waste of time unless I get a better lot # of ammo. When you pull out a precision 22 from storage the lubricant in the barrel has dried out considerably it takes multiple shots to get you back to where you left it unless you shoot day to day but you still will have a cold bore first shot shift. If you don't go buy some lottery tickets and enter a contest. Bottom left was going good then that one crawled out I gave the scope one more click right and almost did it, that's still almost one moa at fifty yards for five shots. I will put up the Remington results later.
  • Wado II
    • Aug 2023

513 Matchmaster

After changing the rings on the scope I remounted it and zeroed today. First scattered group just right of center was the first shots. Center is after a scope adjust and clockwise top left to right is adjusting to center. Bottom targets are where I left the scope shooting RWS Target Rifle. A not too pricey match ammo good for practice and usually available from Champions Choice. I like this old rifle I paid 450 bucks for it and another 150 or so in machine work threading the barrel and drill and tap for a scope mount. Ben Dybala in Bay City did the machine work. I refinished the stock and messed with the trigger a little bit. You would be hard pressed to find a new 22 rifle that will shoot as good as this one for the money. I don't know how old it is they started grooving the receivers in 1955 and mine is grooved but I can't get the date of manufacture for some reason it is stamped US Property. I will have to pull it out of the stock I believe the serial number I need is on the bottom of the barrel not on the receiver. It has some other weird markings on the top of the barrel I don't know what they represent maybe a military unit . Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3389.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	84024

Comment

Working...