Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wado II
    • Aug 2023

EC's 500 Yard Challenge

I have been watching these todays is a good one. They have all been pretty good as a matter of fact but todays, well just watch.
    500 yds. Test your limits challenge #9 (youtube.com)
  • Chase4556
    • Aug 2023

I was watching it last night. The guy with the open sight 243 did really well given the equipment. The guy who did the second mulligan and rang that smallest one what 3 or 4 times? That’s some shooting.

I wish I had a place to shoot 500yds, I’d love to set it up and see how far I make it. Maybe the 3rd target? Haha

Comment

• Wado II
      • Aug 2023

I live about an hour from Floresville where he does this unless he does it in Poth, I believe Eric originally is from there. I have a couple of rifles I would try it with trouble is I never shoot much past 100 yards it would be a trainwreck unless I could at least try at 500 first. I have shot 22 rimfire out to 300 with a Nikon scope I have a ballistics program for but it's second focal plane so the holdovers are at reduced magnification 300 at six power isn't bad, 500 I doubt I could see it. I have a couple of FFP scopes with plenty of elevation for 500 just no experience and I haven't shot prone in forever. That one guy all muscled up that connected a couple of the plates was huffing and puffing like a freight train he was all messed up and I think dirt got him in his eyeballs don't think he had glasses or pulled them off. Wouldn't you know it also both my Creed and my .308 have 18" barrels so I'm about 125-150 fps slow with my loads still doable at 500 just better be a calm day. I have a .223 that might be able to compete I just don't have a real good load for it I have shot some 55 grain handloads less than half inch @ 100 but the heavier ones not so good it's a nine twist barrel need a seven for the heavier Bergers. Got plenty of excuses not to give him an e-mail.

Comment

• Unknownstrohsfan
        • Nov 2023

good shooting, especially with the .223 in that wind.

Comment

• Wado II
          • Aug 2023

I am trying to figure out why the guys shooting the CMP AR was dialing 6 to 7 clicks windage every time they hit a plate. Only thing I could figure was they were holding the rear aperture on the large target doesn't make sense but both of them adjusted every time they hit only got to the third one though. At 500 yards those plates have to be hard to see with the naked eye. Someone commented black targets were better for open sights I don't know.

Comment

Working...