Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richg99
    • Sep 2023

Renew Lic. to Carry, or not?

Just received my notice from TDS that my LTC is coming up for renewal. I thought that TX, along with many other States, now recognizes Constitutional Carry, with no LTC necessary.

Other than making a donation to some politicians, what would I gain by renewing? I do carry in TN, which is a Constitutional Carry State, also.

thanks richg99​
  • Mac1528
    • Aug 2023

Beginning September 1, 2021, HB1927 made it legal in Texas for most people 21 or over to carry a handgun in a holster without a permit both openly and/or concealed. This law modified the previous open carry law from 2016 by eliminating the requirement to have a license to carry.

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

• RapturEd
      • Aug 2023

Easier to purchase weapons at your ffl ... And another ID to use for voting
      Trust in the Lord with all your heart
      And do not lean on your own understanding.
      In all your ways acknowledge Him,
      And He will make your paths straight.
      Do not be wise in your own eyes;
      Fear the Lord and turn away from evil.​

Comment

• Trouthunter
        Administrator
        • Aug 2023

I keep mine so I do not have to wait on the Feds to buy a new handgun, rifle or shot gun. Worth it to me.
        Life its too short to own ugly handguns and drink fruity whiskey.

Comment

• Hunter11
          • Aug 2023

I keep mine so I do not have to wait on the Feds to buy a new handgun, rifle or shot gun. Worth it to me.
          Same reason I just renewed mine. I have had it for so many years why give it up.

Comment

• dwilliams35
            • Aug 2023

this covers the differences pretty well: there’s a good bit more to it than just purchasing guns.. the chart on pages 24 and 25 covers a lot of it well. Also, there are different reciprocity agreements at work here, there’s some states that don’t have CC but recognize TX LTC.

https://content.libsyn.com/p/1/5/1/151dc2d75f76c398/TXCC-Guide-Single-Pg-Digital.pdf?c_id=106157855&cs_id=106157855&respons e-content-type=application%2Fpdf&Expires=1712457570&Signatur e=ctLi2d4lxa5aGo95xbx1KIqFQva-68GYuOf1YLe4jZ6drGjnCnxl6F9H6-7PjtyLxqIEnMZxF-DyMPFi1NkObJhVIZVEHqBq-if-3ocqYIUWULuaXsXqhAChHhOSxpohpkQzq8aTd-iCJNKtlO0XwP0S44Yy7XWaXXBcsavW5rOFqHKr7lmLTBT-RhYyF72lW8bdUMLG35MKbg1laCnOQFZCFsBWvewrRom-IOBBPy~Ox8IV0e-G~jh6gC2HaF3lghqSTtFGk~3EuXVhQhoMAzczwZdqCioixzraa US7bmy5q-nWPQ7qUgfVpV-UyORXb4lFzcFoJ3JO4xb02DHMxg__&Key-Pair-Id=K1YS7LZGUP96OI
            Last edited by dwilliams35; 04-06-2024, 08:44 PM.

Comment

• Reality Czech
              • Aug 2023

in 3, 2, 1,

Click image for larger version

Name:	treasureofsierramdre-license.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	95690
              Twilight Zone Refugee

Comment

• Bebo's Dad
                • Aug 2023

Yes renew it, its cheap insurance if its ever needed.
                You will see a jury regardless if your licensed or not but......... they say it does help.

Comment

• WhiteBassFisher
                  • Aug 2023

I plan to keep mine. As example, I think federal law says no guns within 1,000 feet of a school. I think a Texas LTC allows you inside that zone (but not inside the building), while constitutional carry still doesn't allow it. Can a LEO who stopped you because you didn't signal a lane change while driving down the street in front of a school, well within the 1,000 feet, arrest you if you don't have a LTC? There are some gray areas I just don't want to worry about. Peace of mind is important to me. I took my first LTC class in late fall of 1995. I don't think the law actually went into effect until 1/1/96, but I may be wrong. Anyway, I will keep my LTC.

Comment

• richg99
                    • Sep 2023

Thanks guys. I guess I'll pay the $40.00

Comment

• dunedawg
                      • Aug 2023

I’ll always be renewing mine. It’s only 40 bucks. Worth that when buying guns. Is it not required to enter a liquor store?

Comment

• 2Ws
                        2Ws commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Required
                    • CSN
                      • Aug 2023

I'm don't know if it has made a difference or not, but I have been stopped for speeding twice and once for headlight out. All three times I have had the officer respond very positively when he sees the LTC and the fact that I am carrying. No tickets yet. Along with all the other reasons mentioned above, it makes sense to keep the license.
                      I told them we’ve already got one

Comment

• 2Ws
                        • Aug 2023

Originally posted by CSN
                        I'm don't know if it has made a difference or not, but I have been stopped for speeding twice and once for headlight out. All three times I have had the officer respond very positively when he sees the LTC and the fact that I am carrying. No tickets yet. Along with all the other reasons mentioned above, it makes sense to keep the license.
                        There is NO DOUBT my LTC got me out of a speeding ticket AND not having my DL with me. ....52 in a 40 no DL in the small town of Port Acres and a black cop. Told him I had a 380 on my hip and a 40 cal in the console and both ready to rock.
                        Well cut my legs off and call me shorty

Comment

• jabx1962
                          • Aug 2023

Renew the license.
                          Definitely Maybe

Comment

• Grumpy356
                            • Aug 2023

I feel like a hypocrite on this topic.

I HATE the government being involved with anything firearms related, but I renew mine, because if I want to buy from a shop it's just easier.
                            Playing victim is the most powerful position on the board. You get to define the villain and the hero, and nothing is your fault. Plus if you don’t like the way it’s going you can redefine the hero as a villain.​

Comment

Working...