Visit and support our Site Sponsor

Anyone else ever have plantar fasciitis?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Donkey
    • Aug 2023

Anyone else ever have plantar fasciitis?

My first time to have it (been around a week or so) and gotta say....I could do without. Not the most pleasant feeling
  • Retired
    • Aug 2023

I have had it. The only thing that finally got it under control for me was custom insoles. I tried physical therapy, steroid injections (hurt worse than the plantar fasciitis), and exercises, but nothing really lasted for more than a few weeks. The insoles were expensive, and not covered by insurance, but they are close to 15 years old, and I am still wearing them.
    Exported Texan

Comment

• SmithRanchZ
      • Aug 2023

Yes. Frozen ice bottles on the bottom of your feet, never go bare foot, arch support insoles, and for work, a shoe or boot with a decent heel. I ended up unable to wear normal, wing tip sorta dress shoes, and was in cowboy boots.

Wife had it too. Seems like it was about 4 to 5 years of misery. It sucked. She had it, and about a year later, it started for me.

Now, we are semi stable. Very few and infrequent flare ups.

Comment

• RapturEd
        • Aug 2023

I've had foot pain which I believe it was PF but never diagnosed by MD. The pain started in 2019. I bought over the counter cushion insoles for my work boots and tennis shoes and it helped a lot, changing them out as needed. And stopped going barefoot around the house, started wearing Crocs at home, indoors & outdoors, yardwork, etc ... The pain went away over a period of time, guessing about 6 months to a year.
        Trust in the Lord with all your heart
        And do not lean on your own understanding.
        In all your ways acknowledge Him,
        And He will make your paths straight.
        Do not be wise in your own eyes;
        Fear the Lord and turn away from evil.​

Comment

• bassguitarman
          • Aug 2023

Yup, about 20 years ago. Went out to get the morning paper, and it felt like I had rocks under both heals. I was lucky, I switched from the leather dress shoes I normally wore to some New Balance 925 walking shoes with custom insoles (that's back when New Balance actually fit me). I did the roller exercise -I just used cold soda cans from the fridge.

Comment

• Rainbowrunner
            • Aug 2023

Yup, dealt with it for many years. Get rid of the croks and most flip-flops. You will need good inserts or quality shoes.

It comes and goes with me. I wear flip-flops 90% of the time.
            My favorite essential oil is bacon grease

Comment

• POC Fishing Gal
              • Aug 2023

expensive custom insoles from a foot doc plus an injection to get the inflamation (sp) under control. Yes the shot is very painful but worth the pain for the relief imo.

Comment

• Topwater
                • Aug 2023

Been dealing with it for over a year. Injections 3X, which helped. My Dr advised me to purchase the Pure Stride Professional Full Length Orthotics. They are 39.99 on Amazon. He said they will work just as well as the expensive custom inserts. I don’t know if this is true, because I haven’t purchased the custom ones to compare. It has worked for me. I do jog, so that does irritate it some, but otherwise I’m back to almost normal.

Comment

• Saltgrassdrifter
                  • Aug 2023

I have bought 3 sets of the expensive custom ones they really helped. Now I just buy these off Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08QGB512N...roduct_details They seem to work just as good for me

Comment

• fishguru00
                    • Aug 2023

I’m still using some orthorics got in 1983. I did get a heel shot and passed out. Good luck. Hopefully procedures have improved in 40 years.

Comment

• Reality Czech
                      • Aug 2023

I probably put more miles on my dogs than most here

Not sure if it's PF or heel spurs but foot pain is a constant

I just chalk it up to going out of warranty and deal with it
                      Twilight Zone Refugee

Comment

• Matt
                        • Aug 2023

Everything hurts 😂

Comment

• dwilliams35
                          • Aug 2023

Had it for several years, to a level that was just basically debilitating. Crawling around on my knees in the house because it hurt too bad to walk, etc. I went through all the standard "fixes" and methods mentioned here, orthotics, injections, etc. etc. etc. ad nauseum. Nothing really helped, until we did this:

Has your doctor recommended extracorporeal shockwave therapy, and you're not sure what it is? Read our guide to find out the facts.

Pain was cut in half or more after 8 hours, and went away completely in about a day and a half after one treatment, and it's not come back after 15 years or so since. Just like flipping a light switch, gone.
                          Last edited by dwilliams35; 04-26-2024, 09:14 AM.

Comment

• Donkey
                            • Aug 2023

I have been in the habit of wearing hey dudes and flip flops due to it just being easy.....put on a pair of my ariat boots today with a heel. wanting to see if that will make a difference.

Comment

• Trouthunter
                              Administrator
                              • Aug 2023

I had it years ago just debilitating and hurt so bad and then I stopped wearing flip flops and it hasn't hit me again since then. Knock on wood.
                              Life its too short to own ugly handguns and drink fruity whiskey.

Comment

Working...