Visit and support our Site Sponsor

Anyone else ever have plantar fasciitis?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Juan
    • Aug 2023

Had it very bad about a year ago. neighbor said drink some Old Amish Muscle Tonic mix with what you like to drink, IT WORKED !!!

Comment

• Donkey
      • Aug 2023

Heck! I'll go to the witch doctor if it works!!

Comment

• Bandit1
        • Aug 2023

Insoles, stretching multiple times per day, weightlifting to strengthen muscles, meloxicam, and losing weight to take pressure off.
        The artist formerly known as Johnbutte1

What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms. - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Capt Mike
          • Aug 2023

Had it many many moons ago. Dr made me a special insert which I wore religiously for a year. Been fine ever since. I wear super feet inserts in all boots and shoes and only wear Olukai flips due to their arch support. Almost always on my feet

Comment

• Dolphin
            • Aug 2023

Every time mine starts to flare know I need new shoes.

Shots suck. Frozen water bottle gives some relief.

Comment

• coachlaw
              • Aug 2023

Had it really bad in my left heel in 2009. Doc suggested never going barefoot and getting a pair of crocs to wear around the house. I said, "But Doc, they're SO UGLY." I went and got some. I wore them around the house every day, not daring to show them to the world. Suddenly one morning, I woke up to put my feet on the floor. I held my left foot up as usual, gritting my teeth for the coming excruciating pain. I finally put my foot down, expecting what I had gotten for so many months. And . . . . it felt fine! I don't care how ugly they are, I'm still wearing crocs. My feet are ugly anyway. I was cured and have never had a flare up. I also wear New Balance at work most days. I can wear dress shoes and boots again. I only go barefoot when I get out of bed to go to the bathroom. Prayers for you, because anyone who has had this knows your pain.
              From 1970-1997, true Heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thans for buying the Camp."

Comment

• Ditto
                • Aug 2023

I had to referee soccer all spring with that stuff. Ate Advil like it was candy on the weekends while refereeing. Frozen water bottles, tennis balls relived the pain some. Walmart used to have a Dr. Scholl's kiosk that you can stand on an it will make suggestions based on your issues. They helped some also at a fraction of the cost of custom orthodics. It eventually went away but not soon enough. Good luck.

Comment

• Mo1952
                  • Aug 2023

Do a google search for Night splints. These are the only thing that helped mine.

MO

Comment

• Yep
                    • Aug 2023

I cant speak to the other treatments mentioned above but I had PF bad several years ago when I would run a lot. What cured it for me was a boot worn at night while you sleep to keep the Achilles and planter fascia stretched overnight and prevents them from healing in a contracted position overnight, see below. Also stretch stretch stretch every day several times per day with the instrument on the second link. Every morning was an exercise in pain management, that first step out of bed was miserable until I started using these every day. Im not going to lie, Sleeping in the boot sucks but no where near as bad as pf.
                    Are you having difficulty sleeping and feeling painful when you wake up in the morning? Our brand new HexoFoot™ Dorsal Night Splint is ideal for any and all sufferers of moderate to severe Plantar Fasciitis, Heel Spurs, Drop Foot, Dangle Foot and Achilles Tendonitis. WHY DO I NEED THIS? During the day, connective tissu

https://www.rehab-store.com/p-fitterfirst-prostretch-leg-stretching-device.html?gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwir2xBhC_ARI sAMTXk86Cm7lJEak1qvRnzYXBoBiPF8C-rS6Ty0D59_rqoljhyv0vm79SQ1saAgnfEALw_wcB
                    Last edited by Yep; 04-29-2024, 02:35 PM.

Comment

• Landlocked
                      • Aug 2023

This worked for me.

Comment

Working...