Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WhiteBassFisher
    • Aug 2023

Fish Feeder - Which Feed?

I am hanging a fish feeder soon, hoping it helps to attract for my grandson. Purina is a lot more expensive than Sportsman's Choice. What is recommended?
  • huntman
    • Aug 2023

Optimal Fish Food is the best in my opinion - see below

Optimal Fish Food - High Quality Trophy Pond Fish Feed

Comment

• BDGreen
      • Aug 2023

This is the feeder I've had on my pond for a little over 6 years and it's been dependable.

#html-body [data-pb-style=UWM6VVA]{justify-content:flex-start;display:flex;flex-direction:column;background-position:left top;background-size:cover;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-attachment:scroll}#html-body [data-pb-style=WXWEA5O],#html-body [data-pb-style=YBW3CI5]{text-align:left}Fishing is a favorite pastime for millions of Americans. But hand-feeding fish every day to maximize their growth can become less of a pleasurable hobby and more of a hassle. Texas Hunter Products offers a better solution. Our dependable fish feeders dispense feed regularly in any weather condition. You'll help fish grow larger while also drawing them to your area. As part of our premium fish feeder selection, this 70-pound-capacity fish feeder is uniquely built to draw fish in small lakes, ponds and similar areas. With a reliable digital timer, dual motors and optional solar charging, you'll find these fish feeders to be the most innovative in the industry. Because the success of your fish-feeding program hinges on feeding fish accurately and reliably, we've engineered a Premium Digital Timer for long-term, maintenance-free operation. Feed times are immensely precise. Just set the timer for up to nine feed times per day and watch the fish come swarming to the spot. The timer features a battery tester, so you'll know if your lake fish feeder is performing accurately at the push of a button. You can also test the feeder's operation conveniently. Texas Hunter fish feeders also make it easy to fill, refill and store your feed. The low profile is less than 4 feet tall, which means you can add food without straining to lift large feed bags. Once you’ve filled the feeder, the latch-on lid locks in place to prevent any animals from gaining access to your feed. From filling to feeding, each aspect of the lake fish feeder is designed to help you grow bigger fish faster. Order your pond fish feeder today, or contact us for more information.      

And this is the feed I've been using. Tractor Supply carries it.

Buy Sportsman's Choice Floating Pond and Catfish Fish Food, 40 lb. at Tractor Supply Co. Great Customer Service.

"The enemy never sees the backs of my Texans!" - General Robert E. Lee, CSA

Comment

• WhiteBassFisher
        • Aug 2023

Originally posted by BDGreen
        This is the feeder I've had on my pond for a little over 6 years and it's been dependable.

And this is the feed I've been using. Tractor Supply carries it.

I bought this feeder. And, that exact feed at Tractor Supply is what I was planning to use unless there are complaints about it. Click image for larger version

Name:	T.H. HF100.webp
Views:	161
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	101907

Comment

• KWeber
          KWeber commented
          Editing a comment
          the catfish will be thrilled, I'm sure...
          they'll be waiting for it to go off every time...
      • Bebo's Dad
        • Aug 2023

We use 1/2 sinking and 1/2 floating - some for the bass and bluegill and the floating for the cats.
        Buy from Carmine Feed or the fish farm guy.

Comment

• WhiteBassFisher
          WhiteBassFisher commented
          Editing a comment
          That sounds like a possible good idea, 1/2 & 1/2
      • Hunter11
        • Aug 2023

We are using Sportsman's Choice and get it at Tractor Supply or our local feed store.

Comment

• Rubberback
          Rubberback commented
          Editing a comment
          I use this feed with a hunter feeder as seen above.
      • bassguitarman
        • Aug 2023

I had problems with the floating food because the turtles would get it before the fish. I wish I could shoot them

Comment

• Bebo's Dad
        • Aug 2023

We use the Pond King trap and it works great.

Comment

• WhiteBassFisher
          WhiteBassFisher commented
          Editing a comment
          Since I will be doing this on Lake Livingston, I don't think I can put a dent in the turtle population.
      • bassguitarman
        • Aug 2023

Too many neighbors around the lake that don't share my views on turtles

Comment

• Bill
          Akula
          • Aug 2023

I can remember just using dry dog food. LOL

Comment

• 2Ws
            2Ws commented
            Editing a comment
            Thats what I use when baiting a hole for catfish, 10lb in a small weighted toe sack.
        • 2Ws
          • Aug 2023

IF it were me I would use a ring of PVC to hold it and keep the wind from taking your feed away, you won't need to use it but a week or so.
          Well cut my legs off and call me shorty

Comment

• Juan
            • Aug 2023

I just put in 400 blue gill perch for my bass, was not cheap .85 cent apiece

Comment

Working...