X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FishingTwo
    • Aug 2023

Looking for gently used lawn mower

or suggestions on a new one
    Have decided to bit the bullet and get a new mower, nothing fancy only mowing .5 acre and only half that is weeds.
    Got a lot of years out of a Murry and the Snapper I got now got a rusted hole in shroud by the pulley so not really wanting to fix it. Both were riders, never had a zero turn. I got a used push mower but not wanting to start.
    Don't think I want to go electric and kicking around cost of getting a crew to do it,
    Seeing what ideas the braintrust has
    2 to 4 grand seems average at Home Depot and elsewhere.
    "You'll Never Catch'em Like That"
  • WhiteBassFisher
    • Aug 2023

I have had luck by being careful and not getting in too much rush with Craigslist and FB Marketplace.

Comment

• jimk
      • Aug 2023

I'm cheap...on the mower not starting, I'd remove the carb bowl, clean main jet and use fresh gas.
      Jak Sie Masz, Y'all!

Comment

• bassguitarman
        • Aug 2023

Originally posted by FishingTwo
        or suggestions on a new one
        Have decided to bit the bullet and get a new mower, nothing fancy only mowing .5 acre and only half that is weeds.
        Got a lot of years out of a Murry and the Snapper I got now got a rusted hole in shroud by the pulley so not really wanting to fix it. Both were riders, never had a zero turn. I got a used push mower but not wanting to start.
        Don't think I want to go electric and kicking around cost of getting a crew to do it,
        Seeing what ideas the braintrust has
        2 to 4 grand seems average at Home Depot and elsewhere.
        If that Snapper was the rear engine model, I used one for several years. Strange drive system. My new mower's name is Luis'. He does a pretty good job.

Comment

• FishingTwo
          • Aug 2023

The older I get the more I Hate to mow. Both my previous mowers I bought used and each lasted 15 to 20 years each.....I know I got lucky and just shopping the idea, but Luis is on stand by....might just get a couple goats...
          "You'll Never Catch'em Like That"

Comment

• Oso Blanco
            • Aug 2023

Some of the mower shops have a big bone yard. I would find one that has your deck and have him change it out. If needed have them tune and change the oil.

Comment

• Reloading
              • Aug 2023

My mower had the rusted holes on the deck. I bought a brand new deck complete with all parts (blades/belts etc) on Ebay for $550, installed the wheels and chute. Slid it under the mower and pinned in place, put the belt on the motor, ready to use.

Comment

Working...