Visit and support our Site Sponsor

New Custom Home Build Tomball/Waller ballpark price?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • texastkikker
    • Aug 2023

New Custom Home Build Tomball/Waller ballpark price?

Anybody know what the average going rate is these days for a custom home? 3 acre lot is paid for in full. Looking to build appx. 4,600 sq. ft. 1 story custom home. 3 or 4 car garage. I wouldn't say ultra high end luxury finishes no marble or gold or too crazy stuff.....but very nice finishes. Hardwoods throughout, stainless appliances....yada yada yada.

• WhiteBassFisher
    • Aug 2023

Google claims this: The cost to build a house in Texas is $140 to $220 per square foot on average for a basic home with standard builder-grade finishes. Costs range from $250 to $300+ per square foot for a custom-built home with upgrades like granite countertops, hardwood floors, or high-end finishes.

Comment

• Univ.of Hard Knocks grad
      • Aug 2023

BIL was going to build a new house and tear the existing one down after. He is retired near Waco and couldn't get a loan. So remodel it is.

Comment

• Bebo's Dad
        • Aug 2023

300 to 350 per sq ft ............... but it goes up quick with adds.
        Try to find a builder that will do cost plus.

Comment

• WhiteBassFisher
          WhiteBassFisher commented
          Editing a comment
          Is it that high when he already owns the land? If so, the prices have sure gotten much higher in the last 6 years.
      • JSimpson
        • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Bebo's Dad
        300 to 350 per sq ft ............... but it goes up quick with adds.
        Try to find a builder that will do cost plus.
        Damn that seems high. I built my place on Trinity Bay for about $250 per sq ft. Granted, it was in 2019 so just before Covid, but its also on 18 ft pilings and pretty remote. My guess would have been 200 to 250 nowadays.

YMMV on a cost plus build. I've always been told to avoid. Builder has every incentive to run costs up.

Comment

• Batwing
          • Aug 2023

Depends on you tastes and specs. $180's psf on a min but $200 builds a pretty nice home. $300 range if my wife is picking out selections. Land improvements like topo adjust for level foundation, well, septic, electrical, barn, road or driveway will be additional.

Comment

• Bebo's Dad
            Bebo's Dad commented
            Editing a comment
            This adds up really quick too. "topo adjust for level foundation, well, septic, electrical, barn, road or driveway will be additional".
        • Batwing
          • Aug 2023

Generally another 10% depending on property.

Comment

• wfishtx
            • Aug 2023

I was recently quoted $300/ft on a piling house with builder grade finishes (quartz countertops, tile floors, shower inserts, etc.). I know its not apples to apples, but other than a different foundation, I wouldn't think the prices would be that far off. My lot is on city water and sewer and I was going all electric so no need for propane either. You're probably talking another $15k - $20k on those items if they are needed.

Comment

• texastkikker
              • Aug 2023

Will have to drill water well.....install septic....install irrigation system......pool........natural gas will be at the street. I am not including that in the price and have decent numbers on what that will all cost.
              wife is an interior designer and says we can do it for $350/sq. ft. and will be very very nice like our current home.......I am doubting her.

Comment

• wfishtx
                • Aug 2023

Originally posted by texastkikker
                Will have to drill water well.....install septic....install irrigation system......pool........natural gas will be at the street. I am not including that in the price and have decent numbers on what that will all cost.
                wife is an interior designer and says we can do it for $350/sq. ft. and will be very very nice like our current home.......I am doubting her.
                I don't think she's that far off. Being an interior designer she probably has some good insight on the cost of the finishes. I'm guessing she could probably find you some good deals along the way as well. I'd trust her estimate.

Comment

• texastkikker
                  • Aug 2023

probably so.....as typical she is always right.....LOL

Comment

• Trouthunter
                    Administrator
                    • Aug 2023

Sure am glad I'm not looking to build a new home lol.
                    Life its too short to own ugly handguns and drink fruity whiskey.

Comment

• KWeber
                      KWeber commented
                      Editing a comment
                      for 1.plus mill I dang sure would not be anywhere near there...

• SetDaHook
                      SetDaHook commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You and me both brother!! I wouldn't be able to sleep at night contemplating those kind of numbers!
                  • RB II
                    • Aug 2023

Water well is $10k
                    aerobic system is $10k
                    slab is $15-20/sq ft
                    framing labor is $8/sq ft or more
                    etc, etc, etc!!!
                    I would think with higher end finishes, total “development” of utilities”, long driveway onto 3 acres, etc included, $350 would be on the low end. Elec companies used to pay for the service, rarely done these days. Homeowner pays.

Comment

• Hooked
                      Hooked commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes, on the electric company paying. Didn't cost us a penny for them to run our service 350'+ (including a 'can') for the temp pole and then come connect to the permanent meter when completed.

• WhiteBassFisher
                      WhiteBassFisher commented
                      Editing a comment
                      SHECO is the electric co-op here. They did charge me for deeply burying my service for over a hundred feet. They also replaced the old original pole that the service was connected to at the front of my place. BUT, the price they charged me was a fraction of what their actual cost had to be. My guess is their cost was a few times the charge. So, I definitely won't complain about it.
                  • TheGoose
                    • Aug 2023

Originally posted by RB II
                    Water well is $10k
                    aerobic system is $10k
                    slab is $15-20/sq ft
                    framing labor is $8/sq ft or more
                    etc, etc, etc!!!
                    I would think with higher end finishes, total “development” of utilities”, long driveway onto 3 acres, etc included, $350 would be on the low end. Elec companies used to pay for the service, rarely done these days. Homeowner pays.
                    2015 prices.

Comment

Working...