Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unknownstrohsfan
    • Nov 2023

This Rain Event

San jacinto is as high as I have seen it since '94, barge got loose, crashed the I-10 bridge, set Whites Lake on fire, which in my mind, I attributed to Allison, but a buddy of mine corrected me, and said no it was just a few days when it rained a bunch, he was right, so all the folks saying this is climate change I am witness that it's climate same.
  • Matt
    • Aug 2023

Seems like any weather event causes mass chaos here these days. Hope the tides are in your favor.

Comment

• JSimpson
      • Aug 2023

Drove up 59 north this afternoon. San Jacinto is usually a good 30 to 40 ft or so below bridge. Today was within probably 10 ft or less and still rising. Water nearly to the top of street signs in places. Signs everywhere that 59 is closed at Grand Pkwy. Its not Harvey bad yet, but not too far from it. Raining again at my place in Humble.

Comment

• I Fall In
        • Aug 2023

As of about an hour ago the lake looks to be at least 5 ft higher than normal.
        Shoot the messenger before he delivers the bad news.

Comment

• Flounderface
          • Aug 2023

Cannot hardly get a drop here in SW Houston. Foundation needs watering.

Comment

• Unknownstrohsfan
            • Nov 2023

They are dumping it, the current at hwy 90 is close to '94.

Comment

• Unknownstrohsfan
              • Nov 2023

Originally posted by Flounderface
              Cannot hardly get a drop here in SW Houston. Foundation needs watering.
              Just wait a bit, this should spill over into your hood.

Comment

• Bocephus
                • Aug 2023

Officials released a historic amount of water from the Lake Livingston Dam, surpassing the mark set during Hurricane Harvey.
                I miss the America I grew up in.

Comment

• KWeber
                  KWeber commented
                  Editing a comment
                  real hard to be sympethetic when we've had less than 4in yr-to-date

• WhiteBassFisher
                  WhiteBassFisher commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The file should have said "Entire Trinity RIVER communities under water amid historic dam releases" .... not Trinity county.
                  Maybe I am too picky, but words do matter. Trinity County is on the east side of the upper end of the lake. not below the dam. Inaccurate reporting causes needless worry and concern.

• Wado II
                  Wado II commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That last little rain I had in my neck of the woods washed a big gully across 2601 and 2500 turned into a river. I would hate to see what 17 inches would do. I bet it would knock out the San Miguel bridge on 140 and Buckhorn and Black Creek crossings. It has happened before on a lot less than that. Jimmy told me he still has nightmares about one they had that floated all their crops out of the fields.
              • WGA1
                • Aug 2023

Gotta admit I'm tired of it. All my life I have dealt with floods on the Trinity. 1994 flood used to be considered the bad one. These major floods have been more common the last 10 years. Seems like it started it the summer of 2015. It's stressful watching the water rise and the damage that I know it is doing. Then there are the scumbag looters that take advantage of the vacant houses near the river. I'm just waiting for my cameras to go off but there is not a dang thing i can do about it.

I have invested in single family house real estate for 20 years. I started selling them off a few years ago. Tired of the floods, wind, and freezes. No telling how many thousands and thousands of dollars I have spent repairing houses due to weather damage even with insurance. Tired of the hassle and financial loss. I don't believe in man-made climate change, but I sure am tired of these extreme weather swings. We will probably be in a drought by the end of July and one of my properties will suffer a cracked slab before i can sell it.

Comment

• Unknownstrohsfan
                  • Nov 2023

124 k out of the Livingston dam, holy moley!

Comment

• SetDaHook
                    • Aug 2023

Having lived on Lake Livingston full-time for over ten years, I can say that this flood is every bit as bad as Harvey. And now, the cleanup begins ....again!

Comment

• WhiteBassFisher
                      • Aug 2023

One thing I have not figured out is WHY do people build in a known flood area? However, I do realize that subdivisions are developed only with profit in mind, and developers don't care if it floods after they make their money. Misrepresent may the way to put it in the developers sales pitch. It is relatively easy though to find out whether you are in a flood plain or not. As example, for those who borrow to buy/build, if the lender requires you to buy high dollar flood insurance to get the loan, don't build there.

Comment

• I Fall In
                        • Aug 2023

Not getting any better, hope it levels off and doesn't get any worse.
                        Some pics taken approximately 24 hrs apart.
                        Same light pole.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	ba1.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	104408

Name:	ba2.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	104409

Name:	ba3.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	104410

Name:	ba4.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	104411

Comment

• LouReed
                          • Aug 2023

Out of town for a couple of days and looked at the rain gauge when I got back. 2-3/4 inches since Wednesday night.

Sister in Kingwood was ready yesterday for something to get flooded

Comment

• I Fall In
                            • Aug 2023

Now they say they're closing Mckay Bridge over lake Houston. Probably take another 15' to get water up on the roadway, and if that happens a lot of people are screwed. They didn't close it during Harvey, nor did the water get close. I don't know about this.

Comment

Working...