Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shaky
    • Aug 2023

Early delivery.....

Starting home dialysis and got all my supplies delivered Thursday, 57 cases stacked up against my garage, this was supposed to be delivered Friday when I was off and was supposed to be an "in home" delivery, but I told the driver to go ahead and drop it off since I was at work to avoid any delays....next day off is in 2 weeks figured I could handle moving them inside......

Each case weighs approx 40-50lbs, even with a dolly, I could only manage 3 cases at a time with my knee (arthritis) and my recent surgery in my abdomen (periotiniial catheter insertion and hernia repair) Took me Thursday evening and most of Friday to get a little less than half these cases indoors before I just absolutely had to stop. Couldnt do anymore.

My oldest daughter, Chelsea who lives in El Paso) surprised me with a visit, showing up ffriday night. She has been dieing to come visit since all this started on April 1st, She went with me to dialysis this am, which I go to Davida twice a week until I get fully set up at home, we got home about 1 today and she had the other half of the cases moved inside, organized and neatly stacked in approximately 30 minutes.

Now she is outside in the garage putting together my new Rec Teq that I bought a while back and never had the energy to even unbox and put together myself. I

I am treating her to some home cooked fajitas, beef and chicken, with a fresh dewberry pie for supper this evening,

• WhiteBassFisher
    • Aug 2023

Kudos to Chelsea!
    You've got this.

Comment

• bassguitarman
      • Aug 2023

Sounds like you raised that daughter right Shaky

Comment

• Hooked
        • Aug 2023

I have a couple friends who did this. Once you have things set up and get trained will make the dialysis less stressful.

Comment

Working...