Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Da Reel Daddy
    • Aug 2023

What is this Meta Al?

I know it's some kind of artificial intelligence messaging assistant, but it just popped up on my messenger and whatsap. Is it to be trusted? How do i get it off my phone?
    "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."

Deuteronomy 31:6
  • JSimpson
    • Aug 2023

I think its Facebook's effort to jam it down everyone's throat to justify the amount of money they spent on AI. I think you can click on the blue circle, then "i" to get to settings.

Comment

• Matt
      • Aug 2023

You are part of , and helping them tune one of the the largest LLMs ever created lol

Comment

• Da Reel Daddy
        • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Matt
        You are part of , and helping them tune one of the the largest LLMs ever created lol
        what is this LLM? I thought LLM ment Lower Laguna Madre?
        "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."

Comment

• On The Hook
        • Aug 2023

meta is the devil
        I do stuff !

Comment

• FishingTwo
          • Aug 2023

we wish
          "You'll Never Catch'em Like That"

Comment

• bucko
            • Aug 2023

My understanding is AI is essentially cataloguing all of the data that is on the internet. From Facebook, to youtube, reddit, books, even TV. Then you have these super computers that can infer based on the data. There is a huge demand for all kinds of data, and each AI group is using different data sets. Just think how much data Facebook has, your family, friends, interests, pictures, etc.

Comment

• Da Reel Daddy
              • Aug 2023

Originally posted by bucko
              My understanding is AI is essentially cataloguing all of the data that is on the internet. From Facebook, to youtube, reddit, books, even TV. Then you have these super computers that can infer based on the data. There is a huge demand for all kinds of data, and each AI group is using different data sets. Just think how much data Facebook has, your family, friends, interests, pictures, etc.
              Si, is this a good thing or not, or is it really no big deal...

Comment

• JSimpson
                • Aug 2023

Brings to mind the story last year about a guy in Houston who was wrongly imprisoned, then died in prison. Apparently a store was robbed and their security camera face recognition software identified him as perp. Report said they could search facebook amongst other social media sites to identify criminals from security footage. Apparently the brilliant software was able to identify him, but not distinguish the fact that he was living in California at the time of the burglary in Houston. He was later arrested upon return to texas. Charges were dropped but unfortunately he died in prison the day before his scheduled release.

I guess they call that a bug.

Comment

• Matt
                  • Aug 2023

Model training --> inference
                  Many types and too much to type. The fact still stands that you are assisting farkface in building their models with your data to get even more of your data thru input or prediction. Farkface sucks please don't use, delete. Thanks.

Comment

• RRbohemian
                    RRbohemian commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Right on Matt!

• Duckchasr
                    Duckchasr commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I had it for 11 years and really enjoyed all the hunting, fishing and political pages, the ease of keeping up with distant friends, relatives and sharing pics was a nice feature. When the "controversial" issue of not being able to determine what a woman was. I piped in that a boy CANNOT be a girl. So i was put in time out. I suspected as much so I had downloaded all the stuff I wanted to keep and never looked back. I thought about creating a business account but I'm done supporting those that hate My color, My Family, My Church and My polittics I make a real effort to support the Good guys and let the bad guys go broke.
                • JSimpson
                  • Aug 2023

Originally posted by JSimpson
                  Brings to mind the story last year about a guy in Houston who was wrongly imprisoned, then died in prison. Apparently a store was robbed and their security camera face recognition software identified him as perp. Report said they could search facebook amongst other social media sites to identify criminals from security footage. Apparently the brilliant software was able to identify him, but not distinguish the fact that he was living in California at the time of the burglary in Houston. He was later arrested upon return to texas. Charges were dropped but unfortunately he died in prison the day before his scheduled release.

I guess they call that a bug.
                  My bad, he was only raped, not murdered in prison. Googled it since I couldn't remember details. Software was from Macy's next door.

A Sunglass Hut in the Houston area was robbed, and when the company thought facial recognition helped arrest the suspect - no one realized AI got it wrong until he was behind bars and had a rock-solid alibi 2,000 miles away.

Comment

• bucko
                    • Aug 2023

The bugs are called "hallucinations".

Its a coming no matter if it is good or not. It will help with a lot of efficiencies out there from business to medical to education to law even the stock market. But also think about the angle that this AI will know all of the strengths and weaknesses of the human body, brain, viruses, etc. Can create videos, text, even voices, with very little information. Then you also get the hacking aspect from people up to no good.

I am by no means any kind of expert, but I want to say the smart AI folks wont let AI access the internet because they are scared it will run, they only want it to use "closed end info".

The blending of AI and robots scares me as well as Sarah Conner.

Sam Altman, the maker of OpenAI’s ChatGPT platform, is often seen carrying his blue-colored bag, now famously known as The Nuclear Backpack. The Nuclear backpack holds his laptop with the codes to save the world if AI suddenly goes out of control.

Comment

• Da Reel Daddy
                      • Aug 2023

Originally posted by bucko
                      The bugs are called "hallucinations".

Its a coming no matter if it is good or not. It will help with a lot of efficiencies out there from business to medical to education to law even the stock market. But also think about the angle that this AI will know all of the strengths and weaknesses of the human body, brain, viruses, etc. Can create videos, text, even voices, with very little information. Then you also get the hacking aspect from people up to no good.

I am by no means any kind of expert, but I want to say the smart AI folks wont let AI access the internet because they are scared it will run, they only want it to use "closed end info".

The blending of AI and robots scares me as well as Sarah Conner.

Sam Altman, the maker of OpenAI’s ChatGPT platform, is often seen carrying his blue-colored bag, now famously known as The Nuclear Backpack. The Nuclear backpack holds his laptop with the codes to save the world if AI suddenly goes out of control.
                      Man that's what I was thinking.

Comment

• dwilliams35
                        • Aug 2023

At this point, aren’t they just search engines on steroids? It’s not like there’s an actual consciousness there? next generation, maybe, but now? real gray area about just what intelligence is.

Comment

• Matt
                          Matt commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thats one way. I like to compare that style to compression. For instance if you query chatgpt how do I read in a comma separated file into an array in fortran..it is probably hitting stackoverflow.com. So in that essence you could consider it a search engine. The real magic happens when you get to the inferencing part based off of the model data.

• RRbohemian
                          RRbohemian commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I've been to stackoverflow.com a few times. :-)
                      • Slabmaster
                        • Aug 2023

Lol......sure.....what's not to trust

Comment

Working...