Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beerdruid
    • Aug 2023

Taco Trucks

I have about 5 taco trucks I rotate through. Added a new one here recently called Tacos El Patron. They are off of North Eldridge and Cypress North. There usually isnt that much different between Taco trucks but this new place is off the hook. Chicken tacos are the best I've ever had and the barbacoa, pastor and carnitas are excellent too.

Lunch is served!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2024-05-06 120343.jpg
Views:	514
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	105036
  • OneDayScratch
    • Aug 2023

Suffering from some toof dew....DAYUM!
    BOT
    Bacon, Oysters & Tacos

It's not red vs. blue, it's the state vs. you

Comment

• Rainbowrunner
      • Aug 2023

Thought this was gonna be a Tacoma thread…🤔

Lot’s of good taco trucks here in the Clear Lake hood too.
      My favorite essential oil is bacon grease

Comment

• dwilliams35
        • Aug 2023

Anybody seen my cat?

Looks pretty good.

Comment

• poco jim
          poco jim commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol 😂😆
      • LouReed
        • Aug 2023

Longpoint Drive in Houston has a lot of great taco trucks. One I had found on Washington Ave was serving Sonoran Hot Dogs, but they no longer do.

I could live on tacos from trucks.

Comment

• BDGreen
          BDGreen commented
          Editing a comment
          Not for long.
      • On The Hook
        • Aug 2023

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20240428_013128559.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	105144
        I got this from Taco trucks in Austin.
        I do stuff !

Comment

• nauti10
          • Sep 2023

how do they clean stuff ? where do they go to the restroom ? things that keep my wife from going there . I've been to a few of them , not bad at all . love the green hot sauce in those little twisted sandwich bags . A small place called tacos El patron is on the same corner of cypress north and north Eldridge , good food there , also .

Comment

• beerdruid
            • Aug 2023

Originally posted by nauti10
            how do they clean stuff ? where do they go to the restroom ? things that keep my wife from going there . I've been to a few of them , not bad at all . love the green hot sauce in those little twisted sandwich bags . A small place called tacos El patron is on the same corner of cypress north and north Eldridge , good food there , also .
            Tacos El Patron is the place I was talking about. They are bit more expensive than others but they sure are good. They are also the only place that gives 4 different sauces for the food. Usually is just the standard red and green sauce. The pink habanero sauce they give you will wake you up for sure. Good stuff right there.

Comment

• dwilliams35
              • Aug 2023

Originally posted by nauti10
              how do they clean stuff ? where do they go to the restroom ? things that keep my wife from going there ..
              I guess it probably depends on where you are, but those guys get hammered by the health department on inspections and fees and such: I've talked to several operators that ultimately just said heck with it and opened a brick and mortar store (or moved out of the county entirely) because it was easier to keep your license.. I know they've got to buy water every day from the city/county "commissary", then take it back to dump wastewater at the same place: unless they've opened others in the last couple of years, the only licensed commissary that could actually currently do the wastewater dump is over in Baytown or thereabouts, so anybody on the west side is kind of screwed at the trip they have to do daily just for that. Have to buy food from the commissaries, have to maintain ansul systems and such on their cooking equipment, etc. etc.: it's pretty intensive. (all that as per my neighbor that was formerly one of the inspectors in Houston)

About $160 a day worth of just water fill and dump as I recall.. That plus mileage there puts a heck of a dent in your bottom line on something like that...

Last edited by dwilliams35; 05-07-2024, 12:06 PM.

Comment

• Ditto
                • Aug 2023

Tacos El Patron is in a strip center at the corner of N. Eldridge and Cypress N. Houston. We've been there once and I thought the tacos were excellent. Margaritas are not. Before it was a taco place it was the location of our favorite pizza place.

Comment

• HAYBL
                  • Aug 2023

If you're around El Campo, Victor's Taco Stand is really good. Not sure what days he is there but we used to hit it up on our way out of town on Sunday evenings.

Comment

• SmithRanchZ
                    • Aug 2023

As of 2018, there were at least 12 approved commissary locations in Harris County. No, they dont charge $160 a day. More like $10 a day or so if all you are doing is filling water tanks.

Most food truck have deals with the neighboring business - store, gas station, bar, etc. - to use their restrooms. So, most don't hold, and thus don't need to dump, black water.

But, bunch of other stuff available at the commissary. Ice, propane fills, disposal of old cooking oil, storage of food trucks, and even commercial kitchens which can prepare food to be sold by the trucks. A whole long list of possible services. Truck mechanics. Paper goods.

Comment

• dwilliams35
                      • Aug 2023

Originally posted by SmithRanchZ
                      As of 2018, there were at least 12 approved commissary locations in Harris County. No, they dont charge $160 a day. More like $10 a day or so if all you are doing is filling water tanks.

Most food truck have deals with the neighboring business - store, gas station, bar, etc. - to use their restrooms. So, most don't hold, and thus don't need to dump, black water.

But, bunch of other stuff available at the commissary. Ice, propane fills, disposal of old cooking oil, storage of food trucks, and even commercial kitchens which can prepare food to be sold by the trucks. A whole long list of possible services. Truck mechanics. Paper goods.
                      Okay, I’ll tell their inspector as of April that she doesn’t know what she’s talking about. Not sure just what her motive would be to fabricate that.

she said all the other commissaries aren’t able to currently do the water swap, you can buy the food , have it cooked as you say, etc., but that’s it.

Comment

• SmithRanchZ
                        • Aug 2023

No, you simply dont understand the business and failed to ask the right questions of the city employee.

Most trucks are not dumping black water. Grey water (food, grease, etc.) can be dumped at an approved commissary, dumped on site (if the location has grey water disposal), or pumped out by an approved transport company.

Comment

• 2Ws
                          • Aug 2023

Well cut my legs off and call me shorty

Comment

Working...