Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Drrpm2004
    • Aug 2023

That time again.....electric plans

Time has flown by on my current 24 month plan and I'm up for renewal again. Last go round, rates went through the roof (almost doubled) and it doesn't appear they've gone down much at all this go round. I'm using compare power and Gexa seems to have the best current rate at 13.8kwh for 2k+ kwh used. Anyone else seeing better out there?
    I do have to use Tx New Mex since they're the provider vs Centerpoint.
  • WillieT
    • Aug 2023

I’m with discount power at 11.3. Might check them out. Signed on last November but it was through a third party. Unfortunately I can’t remember who that was.

Comment

• mstrelectricman
      • Aug 2023

I’ve stayed put with Reliant all these years and have seen no crazy prices. Same thing with my meter at the deer lease with San Bernard. I looked into changing years ago and decided it just wasn’t worth the trouble.
      Not sure but I think loyalty has some effect on pricing.
      Electrifying our customers since 2001.

Comment

• dwilliams35
        dwilliams35 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m just trying to figure out how you were going to get another provider on a san bernard meter: they’re not deregulated.. Not interested in changing mine, i’m happy with their service,but i didn’t know that there was any way to do that..
    • Drrpm2004
      • Aug 2023

Originally posted by WillieT
      I’m with discount power at 11.3. Might check them out. Signed on last November but it was through a third party. Unfortunately I can’t remember who that was.
      11.3 is purdy darn good!
      Just checked them out and their lowest rate is 14.8kwh

Comment

• mstrelectricman
        mstrelectricman commented
        Editing a comment
        Dang. I just looked and I’m payin almost .21/kwh! Maybe I do need to look into changing.

• WillieT
        WillieT commented
        Editing a comment
        I didn’t find that rate on their site, it was through one of the comparison sites, but wasn’t power to choose or one of the well known sites. I was looking at anything I could find.
    • Topwater
      • Aug 2023

Check Powertochoose.com. I’ve gone through them a few times to find the best company / plan. Easy to maneuver their website.

Comment

• Shaky
        • Aug 2023

I just re upped with Direct Energy....had a decent rate quoted online, but called them up and it got a tad better. I previously had a 36 month plan with them.

Comment

• Drrpm2004
          • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Topwater
          Check Powertochoose.com. I’ve gone through them a few times to find the best company / plan. Easy to maneuver their website.
          Checked there 1st before going over to compare power. Compare power has much lower rates...doesn't make any sense because several are the same companies that are on power to choose.

Comment

• Drrpm2004
            • Aug 2023

One thing I never understand is all the green energy bs they offer. You can get 100% green energy for double the price per kw LMAO. Are there people that actually buy that crap?
            It's like yes please give me a much higher electric bill....said nobody ever

Comment

• kodiako1
              • Aug 2023

Use the official state site, https://powertochoose.org/en-us/, compare the fact sheet for plans you might be interested in. That's the only way to compare apples to apples. Other sites try to channel your search.

Comment

• Drrpm2004
                • Aug 2023

Originally posted by kodiako1
                Use the official state site, https://powertochoose.org/en-us/, compare the fact sheet for plans you might be interested in. That's the only way to compare apples to apples. Other sites try to channel your search.
                I did and it shows same company with higher rates than using compare power. Real head scratcher..

Comment

• Topwater
                  • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Drrpm2004

Checked there 1st before going over to compare power. Compare power has much lower rates...doesn't make any sense because several are the same companies that are on power to choose.
                  Good to know. Thanks.

Comment

• Inspector Scotty
                    • Aug 2023

I have been signing up for 3 months plan and have been saving BIG TIME. Its a PIA but I have nuttin else to do at work?

Comment

• Flounderface
                      • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Drrpm2004
                      One thing I never understand is all the green energy bs they offer. You can get 100% green energy for double the price per kw LMAO. Are there people that actually buy that crap?
                      It's like yes please give me a much higher electric bill....said nobody ever
                      LOL, yeah, a couple of points. To all of the green supporters please sign up and pay more, please put your money where your mouth is. And also, following the we should conserve idea, why does someone using 2-4 KW per month get a better price than someone using less than 1 KW? That is the most confounding of them all to me. Bass Ackwards. Flip that around and watch how much power grid usage drops lmoa! Dumbdonkey politicians are making more from the power companies and do not care about anything but lining theirs and the lobbyist pockets. Incentivize us to conserve, do not penalize for doing so. FJB. FDT. FBO. Especially JB though. Maybe I should protest on the lawn of a prominent college campus? Bawhahhahah, yeah, that's the answer!

Comment

• Flounderface
                        Flounderface commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain! Didn't you learn anything?

• KWeber
                        KWeber commented
                        Editing a comment
                        read somewhere sometime back where ol AlGore is the biggest individual user of nattygas in Tenn....
                        pot? kettle?

• Rubberback
                        Rubberback commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hypocrites all of em. All for me.
                    • FishingTwo
                      • Aug 2023

I decided to try Energy Orge and have been pleased
                      "You'll Never Catch'em Like That"

Comment

• Drrpm2004
                        • Aug 2023

Ended up renewing with 4change energy on 2 year plan through compare power. 13.8 kwh was best available

Comment

Working...