Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bebo's Dad
    • Aug 2023

2023 GMC 2500 Denali DSL 4x4

Looking at a GMC 2500 Denali crew cab loaded with 65k, DSL, 8ft box and 4x4.
    Does anyone have one or know what I should look for, the good and bad?
    Always bought ford since I worked at a dealership and still get the employee pricing.
  • Shinerlight
    • Aug 2023

GM's 6.6 powertrain is pretty much bulletproof, been around a long time. Going to be a super nice ride.

Comment

• Bebo's Dad
      • Aug 2023

Thanks Shiner, I figured if the Big Baller BD had one they have to be good.

Comment

• Buckweet
        • Aug 2023

Just picked up a 2024, you are welcome to come check out and drive.

Comment

• Bebo's Dad
          • Aug 2023

Thanks Buck, going to try and look at it tomorrow but appreciate it..

Comment

• Hooknbullet2
            • Aug 2023

The seats have no padding in them. Other than that, it’s a great truck. The smoothest riding of any of the 3/4 ton trucks.

I wouldn’t have bought my Ford last year if the seats were even moderately comfortable.

My wife has a 23 Suburban that has great seats. I even asked the sales guy about switching out the seats from a Suburban and he said that the holes don’t line up. He said lots of people complain about the seats.

I bought my Ford in November and it only has 1500 miles on it. As I prefer to drive my 2014 Ram 2500.

I’d sell my Ford tomorrow if I could get a GM with quality seats.

Comment

• BDGreen
              • Aug 2023

My 2015 Denali 3500 HD has been a great truck. The only problem I've had is the DEF heater going out twice. It's still covered by GM so no out of pocket. That problem has since been fixed and subsequent models have not had that issue. You won't regret buying one.
              "The enemy never sees the backs of my Texans!" - General Robert E. Lee, CSA

Comment

• wfishtx
                • Aug 2023

Big fan of the Duramax with the Allison Transmission. I have a 2016, but only have 83k miles on it, but its used 98% for hauling heavy loads. As pointed out, they are bullet proof and strong. They only question mark I would have is the amount of miles. 65k is a lot for a one year old truck even for a diesel in my opinion. Hopefully its priced appropriately given the miles.

If you keep the oil, air, and fuel clean in them those things will run forever.

Comment

• Bebo's Dad
                  • Aug 2023

Yeah the mileage is a concern since the only way to put that kind of mileage is hot shoting.
                  They are asking right under 40k so will take a look and try to get the history.

Comment

• Texashookset 2
                    • Aug 2023

Under 40k is a steal for that truck even if it has over 100k if the body is in great shape still. Like crazy low.

I’d highhhhly recommend getting a Ravelco installed right away. The newer 3/4 ton Denali and high end Chevys are A-1 on the thieves list. Most are being run to Louisiana per the HPD. My buddy/business partner has had two of them stolen by those fks out of hotel parking lots in Houston this last year. One in June then next new one a few months later. He drives an older fleet work diesel truck now because the thieves won, he’s done with the high end ones. He didn’t have a Ravelco or anything similar in either.

Comment

• Shinerlight
                      Shinerlight commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah, that price seems like a steal, just traded a 2022 Chevy 2500 LTZ with 40k miles on it, and they have it listed for 61,600.
                      Last edited by Shinerlight; 05-09-2024, 09:41 PM.

• Texashookset 2
                      Texashookset 2 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yessir
                  • Bebo's Dad
                    • Aug 2023

I agree with all and we will see if this is a real deal or not.

Comment

• GMTK
                      • Aug 2023

Buddy had that similar truck. It was amazing. Didn't even know the boat was behind us when towing. Truck was stolen in dallas at an smu game. Onstar disabled almost instantly.

Get the Ravleco AND an airtag. (take the speaker out of the airtag)

Comment

• wfishtx
                        • Aug 2023

That's crazy on the prices. The little Chevy dealer in Weimar tried to get me to trade mine in for $30k. The blue book on it says its worth $42k trade in. Needless to say, I declined the offer. I'm guessing based on what Shinerlight is saying, they probably would have put a $50-$55k price tag on my truck had I traded it in at $30k.

Comment

• Shinerlight
                          Shinerlight commented
                          Editing a comment
                          That's where mine is at, you just gotta work on them a couple days, my trade in went from 50 to 55 by the time i signed papers.

• Shinerlight
                          Shinerlight commented
                          Editing a comment
                          You also have to remember they don't base trade in on blue book anymore, they look at recent results from auctions, just to cover themselves if they can't sell. Somebody would be stupid to go buy my 2022 trade in for that price.

• wfishtx
                          wfishtx commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I agree on them not using blue book. I actually pulled up NADA and KBB while I was standing there and showed it to the sales manager and which point he started rambling about all the reasons why they don't use those figures and how they aren't accurate anymore, etc., etc. I told him, I'm willing to bet he'd use those sources if it was in his favor. We laughed and I kindly declined his offer. I'm sure if I was really in the market to get rid of this one, I'd get him a lot higher than $30k. If not, I'd just sell it out right. Seems like it would go pretty quick for a lot more than $30k.
                      • Wbay2crowded
                        • Aug 2023

H&B is right about the GMC 2500 seats. Uncomfortable as hell…especially if you have storebought hips. My old King Ranch is much more comfortable.

Comment

Working...