X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bukkskin
    • Aug 2023

Sandys trip

Ok
    Im gonna put this back up for a few days.
    It was up for a week but had a rough start(my fault)

Sandy is going on a trip to Croatia, which, personally I think is Super Cool and I can’t wait for the pics.
    This is the country that his ancestors came from, COOL!!
    If you can add $20, think of it as just buying him dinner for an evening.

I have come to the realization that admin doesn’t like gym, but I’ve already started it.

• Bukkskin
    • Aug 2023

Gfm(go fund me) not gym.😘

Comment

• Bukkskin
      • Aug 2023

Is anyone else having problems getting in to donate?
      Looks good on my end.

Comment

• Bukkskin
        • Aug 2023

Yes
        It makes me sign in to donate, just thru another 60 at you Sandy.
        Not sure, but I think it’s always been that way??

Comment

• coachlaw
          • Aug 2023

Thank you again. This is what I had bookmarked. See if it's different.

From 1970-1997, true Heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thans for buying the Camp."

Comment

• coachlaw
            • Aug 2023

Thanks to Jason for putting this up, and thanks to Mont for allowing it. I thought I'd better come on here and explain what this is all about. It's been a lifelong dream for me to go to what is now Croatia. My great grandfather, Peter Rozich came to the USA in 1900 from what was then the Austro-Hungarian Empire. He was an oysterman and found himself in Louisiana doing the same thing. Eventually, I came along. My love of all things boats and bayous comes directly from him. He LIVED in a fishing camp until the day he died. His wife was BORN in a fishing camp. So I come by my passions honestly.

I've explored my Scottish ancestry and homeland through several trips there in my much younger years. Back then I was making more money as a bartender than I do now as a teacher. Croatia was out of reach at first due to Communism, then a war. I decided that at 50, it was time to do this before I'm too old to enjoy it. So I started selling things to pay for the trip. Jason got upset with me selling everything and decided to help. My ultimate goal is to be in Mali Ston, the small town where "The Old Man" was born, on my 51st birthday. I plan to eat the descendants of the oysters he once cultivated.

So if you'd like to help send a teacher to explore his ancestry, I sure do appreciate it. I do plan on updating y'all here and posting pictures along the way. If the money holds out, I'll keep going South along the coast through Albania and maybe even make it to Korfu, Greece if I can. My main goal is not to spend a single night sleeping in the car. LOL.

On a side note, If you've ever seen me wish anyone a happy birthday, I always say it like "The Old Man". He had a very thick accent and said, "Hoppy Bearthday Too Joo!" My whole family still sings it that way too.

Attached is a picture of Peter Rozich, "The Old Man" that I have hanging on my wall now. Also his naturalization petition is below and a picture of him, my grandmother, and my dad on the shellpile at his camp in Bayou Cook, La. circa 1943.

Thanks Y'all. - Sandy
            Attached Files
            From 1970-1997, true Heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thans for buying the Camp."

Comment

• Shooter
              • Aug 2023

I threw some your way Sandie. No problem with the donation. All worked well.
              Making Texas Hog Free One Hog At A Time

Comment

• Sharkchum
                • Aug 2023

Your link works fine Sandy. Just click on the donate button and it only takes a few seconds.

We all want to see you live out your dream to visit your ancestral homeland.

Remember folks, for less then the price of a 2x4, a gallon of gas, or even a dozen eggs, you can make a difference in this childs life. Lets send him home.

Comment

• PassingThru
                  • Aug 2023

No issue with the link.
                  “Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.”

Comment

• Matt
                    • Aug 2023

Don't go meeting some croatia chick and get "stuck" there sandy.

Comment

• Inspector Scotty
                      • Aug 2023

You do not need to sign in if you use the book mark Coach attached.

Comment

• DEXTER
                        • Aug 2023

Enjoy the trip bud.

Comment

• Reel Time
                          • Aug 2023

Money sent. Have fun!
                          Still learning

Comment

• Bukkskin
                            • Aug 2023

Thanks Everyone!!!
                            Due to my trip, I need to mail Sandy a check tomorrow afternoon(I won’t be back until Tuesday late).
                            If y’all donate after that I will send him another one.

👍👍

Comment

• Ibtbone
                              • Aug 2023

Enjoy the journey

Comment

Working...