Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mstrelectricman
    • Aug 2023

Belleville tornado damage

Rode thru town southbound on the way home from Broken Bow, Ok yesterday and DANG! Old large trees destroyed everywhere on the north side of town. Debris everywhere. It had to be quite sporty. Hope no one was hurt.
    Electrifying our customers since 2001.
  • HAYBL
    • Aug 2023

A family from our softball team have family there and they lost a lot of old oak trees. I think they said around 20 or more and some are probably over 100 years old.

Comment

• mstrelectricman
      • Aug 2023

Originally posted by HAYBL
      A family from our softball team have family there and they lost a lot of old oak trees. I think they said around 20 or more and some are probably over 100 years old.
      It had to be scary. Glad I wasn’t there. Many beautiful old trees were destroyed and that makes me sad. I love old trees.
      Electrifying our customers since 2001.

Comment

• SGrem
        • Aug 2023

Parents live there. Had a 2x6 go thru the roof and some blown out windows. Chimney and roof vents gone. Trees down blocking their entrance. They were trapped in there till chainsaws and people cleared it. Gate ripped out. It was bad. Thank God noone hurt.

Comment

• GAD
          • Aug 2023

I live in Bellville, and it got pretty intense for a little while. North and East of town got hit pretty hard. I also work for San Bernard Electric Coop and our service territory includes Austin, Waller, and part of Montgomery counties. We we had more downed trees, lines, and broken poles than you can shake a stick at. Roughly 15,000 meters without power, which is almost half of our total meter count. Some of the folks here estimate the damage was equivalent to what we experienced when Hurricane Ike came through.

Comment

• Ox Eye
            • Aug 2023

Originally posted by GAD
            I live in Bellville, and it got pretty intense for a little while. North and East of town got hit pretty hard.
            My Sister-in Law and her husband live on the West side of Bellville and they say it got pretty windy. Lost a couple of trees but no serious damage and they live on top of a hill. Walk out the back door and go 30 yards and you step off a good 45 degree slant down to a small spring-fed lake and some acreage where they have a small barn and a couple of horses. On a good day it can get pretty windy up on that hill!

Comment

Working...