Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shooter
    • Aug 2023

Hell of a Storm

Big storm just passed. High winds and 1 1/4 inches of rain in 10 minutes. Franklin, 77856
    Making Texas Hog Free One Hog At A Time
  • OneDayScratch
    • Aug 2023

Geeze. Getting tired of this.
    BOT
    Bacon, Oysters & Tacos

It's not red vs. blue, it's the state vs. you

Comment

• Hunter11
      • Aug 2023

Yup we got the North end of it. Was down the road helping a neighbor when it rolled in. Just made it home and the bottom fell out.

Comment

• Shooter
        Shooter commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes I saw it coming through your area earlier. Talked with a buddy in Marlin. They have 1400 with out power. That's about out total population in Franklin.
    • Shooter
      • Aug 2023

If Randall is in Crockett he is getting hammered or getting ready to get hammered.

Comment

• Rubberback
        Rubberback commented
        Editing a comment
        Shooter have you cut any hay yet?
    • Johnny Quest
      • Aug 2023

Hammered and power is out. Luckily the Leona house didn’t lose power cuz Kelly is there with the dog.
      Right wing nutt job

Comment

• Hunter11
        • Aug 2023

Our power was out for about 3 hours last night. Just saw where we have a chance for another round today........

Comment

• Shooter
          Shooter commented
          Editing a comment
          70% chance here today. Forecast is saying rain coming in about 2 hours. Garden took a pretty good beating last night mostly from the wind. Hopefully what ever we get today will be a little less severe.
      • Shooter
        • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Shooter
        If Randall is in Crockett he is getting hammered or getting ready to get hammered.
        No sir. Can't get the equipment into the hay fields. What just rolled through here a few minutes ago dumped a little over a 1/4". Hell I might be bailing lily pads this year. How about you. You get roughly the same weather I do.
        Last edited by Shooter; 05-23-2024, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• KWeber
          KWeber commented
          Editing a comment
          I watched that storm start up around Angelo/ Brownwood area, to Waco/Temple ( small twister did damage) then east...

• Shooter
          Shooter commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes sir. I'm hearing of damage in the Temple area.

• Rubberback
          Rubberback commented
          Editing a comment
          Hay guy brought his cutter over and decided not to because of this rain. I told him I bet it misses us. LOL I was right not a drop. Then today he couldn't come. Hopefully he will come manana who knows ?
      • Hunter11
        • Aug 2023

Hear thunder in the distance right now and a few sprinkles. Fixin to get it again.

I think Tec is in the same area we are. All this rain should be filling that new pond he had built.

Comment

• tec
          tec commented
          Editing a comment
          I have live springs that filled up that new lake in two months after it was finished last August. Got 18" of rain in first two weeks of this month but didn't need it.
      • Ditto
        • Aug 2023

A couple pics from our family house about a block from Lake Belton. Guess I'll be heading up there this weekend to clean up. Not looking forward to sleeping in a house without AC again.
        Attached Files

Comment

• SmithRanchZ
          • Aug 2023

Just drove - Hearne, Temple, Ft. Hood, Gatesville, and home.

Damage started south of Belmena. Ran up to Ft. H. Tons of water in Gatesville. Minimal damage in Gatesville, but huge rains. Water draining across the highway sort of precipitation.

Temple was basically shut down. Tornado damage, no power. Big trees on the ground.

Wind south of Temple was so strong, it rolled big bales of hay over a fence, across the ditch, across the 2 lane highway, and into the opposite ditch. Took some roofs off a couple "chicken house" looking barns.

Here, I got 2.5 inches in the last 3 days, with minor hail Wednesday and Thursday night. Thursday, it got dark about 4:30 and in a short time dumped 2.125 inches.

Been so wet this Spring, I have more than a foot of water standing in the overflow area for my big tank. Tank is so full, it is pushing a foot of water into the water retention area up hill of the tank. Crazy.

Comment

• Johnny Quest
            • Aug 2023

I’m not going to be able to mow for quite some time. My front yard is already 3’ tall. Pasture looks ok. But it’s a swamp in the yard. I’m bringing in some loads of dirt and fill all the low places so it will drain better to the creek when it dries. Good thing is the forecast is showing little to no rain for the next 10 days here. Maybe the 90+ temps will dry me up enough.
            Right wing nutt job

Comment

• Johnny Quest
              • Aug 2023

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8242.png
Views:	240
Size:	670.9 KB
ID:	109629 When will it end. They just keep popping up and hammering both houses. Geez.
              Right wing nutt job

Comment

• Hunter11
                • Aug 2023

I saw that one coming and it looked like it would stay just South of us but might get you. We are tired of it to. Got a list of things to get done and need it to dry up first.

Comment

• Chase4556
                  • Aug 2023

Saw there was a tornado north of y’all tonight. That storm that hit you is what got us good in Temple.

Tornado passed about 1/4 mile from my house. Hit the neighborhood next to us. Had roof damage and water intrusion. West Adams about a mile from us straight line is a mess.

Kicker of it, I was watching a live stream and they were calling for giant hail. Thought, man.. wife’s car is in the garage but I need to protect my truck! Let me run it to my buddies apartment complex around the corner and park it under the covered parking spots. Well… guess where the tornado went? Yep, truck is beat to heck. Busted windshield, body damage on every body panel. The awning was gone. However… no hail damage. So you know, goal achieved. Doh!
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Bukkskin
                    • Aug 2023

Dadgum
                    Prayers up for you guys.

Comment

Working...