Flounder Boat Design - Recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CSN
    • Aug 2023

With a limit of 5 flounder, it makes it difficult to understand having a boat that is set-up exclusively for flatfish. As much as we used to drink while gigging those handrails would have been nice though.
    I told them we’ve already got one

Comment

• Matt
      • Aug 2023

Call up night stalker or better yet make a trip with him. Is the bote he put on 2cool his first one? I've gigged on the second one he made and it's everything you would want a flounder bote to be. You know what they say, the 3rd bote is the best however. We get enough without a boat. From this year...
      Attached Files

Comment

• 98aggie77566
        • Aug 2023

Originally posted by CSN
        With a limit of 5 flounder, it makes it difficult to understand having a boat that is set-up exclusively for flatfish. As much as we used to drink while gigging those handrails would have been nice though.
        As cleanly as this one is rigged…I don’t think we will
        have too many problems.

Trout fishing the river, chasing birds, catfishing in the river…I think we can do it all reasonably well.

If there was crap all over (wires, cables, hoses) and a t-top, it would be far more difficult for some of our fishing types.

Comment

• rdb
          • Aug 2023

noticed the nav lights are on the console. with all the rigging on the bow it might be hard to see the red and green. and don't be that guy running down the middle of the icw with the brights on.

Comment

• LouReed
            • Aug 2023

Sweet. Looks like what a friend of mine built for himself. He uses his blades to get back into super shallow areas and back to catch reds and drum where most CCs can't go.

Also, you probably know this, but be sure to get a fish remover.

Quickly and easily remove fish from your gig in seconds with a purpose-built gigged fish remover. Outrigger Outdoors has what you need. Shop today!

Comment

• Going_deep
              • Aug 2023

Originally posted by 98aggie77566

As cleanly as this one is rigged…I don’t think we will
              have too many problems.

Trout fishing the river, chasing birds, catfishing in the river…I think we can do it all reasonably well.

If there was crap all over (wires, cables, hoses) and a t-top, it would be far more difficult for some of our fishing types.
              I like flounder and chasing birds. Oh and I'm just down the road, just sayin 😂

Comment

Working...