Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mstrelectricman
    • Aug 2023

Ablation

First week of May. Not only the atriums but ventricles too.
    I know some here have experienced this so sound off.
    Electrifying our customers since 2001.
  • Bill
    Akula
    • Aug 2023

Might not be too bad (every case is different) but depending on what is needed to be done, couple hours under then a few in recovery (in some cases a over night stay might be required)

Everything is scary. It's the unknown we fear and giving up to trust someone to do these type things to/for us. Medical has advanced so much so fast, it's common and done all over every day. If you have any concerns, just talk to the Doctor or Surgeon doing the work. Faith

Comment

• mstrelectricman
      • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Bill
      Might not be too bad (every case is different) but depending on what is needed to be done, couple hours under then a few in recovery (in some cases a over night stay might be required)

Everything is scary. It's the unknown we fear and giving up to trust someone to do these type things to/for us. Medical has advanced so much so fast, it's common and done all over every day. If you have any concerns, just talk to the Doctor or Surgeon doing the work. Faith
      I have confidence in my doctors and ain't skeered. If it's my time so be it.
      I won't be able to ride for 2 or 3 weeks after. That bugs me. Lol!
      Wife and I are goin on a trip starting 4-6 to 4 corners, Monument Valley, The Grand Canyon and Vegas. At least I'll get that ride in before the procedure.
      Last edited by mstrelectricman; 03-28-2024, 07:26 PM.
      Electrifying our customers since 2001.

Comment

• Bill
        Akula
        • Aug 2023

Nice, get it taken care of and over with. Then relax and heal up for a few weeks, don’t rush it so you can get more time on the road.

I feel the same way, if it’s my time, then I’m ready.

Comment

• JSimpson
          • Aug 2023

My mother had one done a few years ago. It amazes me how much less invasive surgical procedures continue to be as technology advances.

Best wishes to you for a successful procedure and a quick recovery.

Comment

• coachlaw
            • Aug 2023

My dad had his done in '06. It gave him 14 more good years. He told me he went in thinking it was a pretty big deal, but in retrospect he said it was a piece of cake.
            From 1970-1997, true Heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thans for buying the Camp."

Comment

• Matt
              • Aug 2023

Old man had it done. Came out fine. He had more puters in him than I have in the home server rack.

Comment

• FishingTwo
                • Aug 2023

I had it done last summer and it has definitely helped me stay in rythm.
                Hope it works for you. You Got This?!!!
                Also got me off the amerodone as a bonus...
                "You'll Never Catch'em Like That"

Comment

• Island Ken
                  • Jan 2024

I have had 3 done over the past 20 years or so. Atrial Fib and Flutter. The last was radio-ablation plus VOM procedure--injecting some ethanol into a particular vein. (Vein of Marshall)
                  Of course it is a little scary when they are doing it to YOUR heart but the skills and high tech equipment they use is amazing.
                  And, of course there are possibilities of some side effects but as said above...this has become a pretty routine procedure for the Dr, but not for the patient---again....You're going to do WHAT to my heart???

The worst side effects I have had is some coughing and one time the insertion point in the femoral vein bled some after the procedure.

Good Luck

Comment

• PassingThru
                    • Aug 2023

You will ride again! Heck it could take a couple of weeks to clean the bugs off of your bike.
                    “Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.”

Comment

Working...