Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cubera
    • Aug 2023

Temu

Anyone ever bought anything from them. They ran a bunch of ads during the Super Bowl, and now they popping up in various places.
    They advertise what look like large R/C toys at give away prices, same with many other items..
    That old adage that states "If you want something done right you must do it yourself!", didn't quite hold true regarding my latest surgery.
    EPSTEIN DID NOT KILL HIMSELF.​
  • Boom!
    • Aug 2023

Supposed to be more invasive than tiktoc. yes, I have ordered from them. Pretty much crap.

Comment

• Bill
      Akula
      • Aug 2023

We have purchased from them. IMO the key to know know what you are buying. Check the material, for sure check the size of the item(s) ect. Some items are very over-rated...like flashlights LOL But that seems to be the normal these days everyplace that sells flashlights.

I have noticed items on TV for sale are the same as the ones from TEMU, my guess is someone bought a lot of that stock item and now selling them here with a big inflated price. Not everything has to come from overseas, they do have warehouses here in the US. The free shipping is pretty quick. They provide tracking.

One of my favorite things is a wireless PTZ camera, the ones you screw into a light bulb socket. It was $10 and I had put it in my cart and just left it. Over about a week, I would get messages of a new lower price. When it hit $7.00 I got it. I was not expecting much but I will say it has been way better than I hoped. I can control it from my tablet, it has built in IR and sound. You can put a microSD card in the camera or just stream and download it if you have the gear at home (DVR ect). They do want to push their recording service but you do not need to purchase it, just a extra option. It stopped popping up after a while. If you turn off notifications from the app, you will never get all their messages. I use it to watch birds and wildlife in the back yard. It has pretty good color and I have not had any problems using it. It is not whisper quiet when you turn the camera but it has not scared off birds at the feeders.

Now do they sell junk? Absolutely just like Amazon and every other retailer. Spend a little time, look at the item good to know what you're getting.

Comment

• SmithRanchZ
        • Aug 2023

Chinese products, shipped semi direct to consumers in the US and the EU. It's like Amazon, but for mostly (almost exclusively) Chinese products. And, a more intrusive/less privacy friendly app. China-Mart on your phone or computer.

Products range from complete junk/rip off sorta stuff to Harbor Frieght kinda stuff.

Comment

• GMTK
          • Aug 2023

Bought two reels, some braid line, apple lightning cords. Total was $70.

the cords work fine, they were $5 for 3.
          Reels actually seem decent, they are going to be my throw downs in my kayak, $18 each
          Braid line was $6 and so far no complaints.

I also bought a gold baitcaster for $20ish for a buddy as a gag gift. It's awesome.

Comment

• KWeber
            KWeber commented
            Editing a comment
            thats a rotten (but funny) trick...post a pic of the gold reel....does it really
            look expensive?
        • POC Fishing Gal
          • Aug 2023

If you buy anything that has a size be prepared. Their sizes and our sizes are WAY off. What I got was advertised as a brand name but was just a really cheap knock off.

Comment

• dwilliams35
            • Aug 2023

I saw a thing on another forum where somebody bought some 7/8 screw shackles for his jeep. Heck of a price, but when they came in, they were literally 7/8" shackles. Not the trade-size 7/8" shackles, but actually 7/8" long. had about three of them lined up on one finger in the picture..

Comment

• GMTK
              • Aug 2023

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	373
Size:	184.3 KB
ID:	98612​It doesn't look expensive but is hilarious.

Comment

• KWeber
                KWeber commented
                Editing a comment
                he might get the last laugh if he peddles it to a certain group at the bank or jetties...
                I'd start at $100

• bassguitarman
                bassguitarman commented
                Editing a comment
                Might need sunglasses to fish with that
            • Topcat
              • Aug 2023

My wife buys bead making supplies every week from them. So far reliable.

Comment

• Shooter
                • Aug 2023

I buy fishing stuff like circle hooks for cat fishing and weights from them.
                Making Texas Hog Free One Hog At A Time

Comment

• jabx1962
                  • Aug 2023

Your information will be on the Dark Web if you buy anything from these Chinese sites.
                  Definitely Maybe

Comment

• snookered
                    • Aug 2023

yes, have bought simple things, and don't be in a hurry...
                    jay

Comment

• Newtron
                      • Aug 2023

I need a link to that reel please.
                      We’d love to help you out. Which way did you come in?

Comment

• Boom!
                        Boom! commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Trump.com
                    • Paluka
                      • Sep 2023

Originally posted by Topcat
                      My wife buys bead making supplies every week from them. So far reliable.
                      What kind of supplies, may I ask?
                      My wife is into the same (mostly for pizza dough) - just curious.
                      Thanks

Comment

• Topcat
                        Topcat commented
                        Editing a comment
                        BEAD supplies, as in beads for making jewelry, earrings, necklaces, wire to thread them on, parts to connect or close the wires, glittery things to make them flash. Almost like fishing lures, except these are to catch female eyes... LOL
                    • Shaky
                      • Aug 2023

Just saw this pop up today. https://redstate.com/wardclark/2024/...u-app-n2172983

Comment

Working...