Lucky Me!

Finally found some! Click image for larger version

Name:	437910290_8071215969555824_5288443196496492742_n.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	182.0 KB
ID:	98615
  • I Fall In
    • Aug 2023

That's all fine and good, but what are you gonna drink tomorrow?
    Shoot the messenger before he delivers the bad news.

Comment

• WhiteBassFisher
      WhiteBassFisher commented
      Editing a comment
      I actually thought along similar lines. Mine was more along the lines that if I had that much beer at home all cold, I would probably drink too much.
  • DIHLON
    • Aug 2023

Stocking up for hurricane season already?

Comment

• Trouthunter
      Administrator
      • Aug 2023

HEB usually always has Lone Star Light. Bought a case for a party the other day for $20 bucks and some change.
      Life its too short to own ugly handguns and drink fruity whiskey.

Comment

• DEXTER
        • Aug 2023

Damn last time I was in Wally World (cheapest beer prices is the only reason I grace them with my presence) I had five 30's of Stones in my basket and I was told 4 was the limit unless I wanted to go to the service counter. Paid for 4 and walked out.

Comment

• Wado II
          • Aug 2023

I use to drink Lone Star and Snappy Tom. Wasn't lite, 70's version white can with gold medallions and a red centerpiece. Wonder I didn't develop an ulcer. Older friend of ours got me hooked on it. He lived on Gulf Bank had a welding and fab shop he did all kinds of work around there. Had every license and permit you could have to work even did underwater welding and demolition. Loved his Lone Star. Got to be cold for me to drink LS now I used to drink beer like it was oxygen not so much now.

Comment

• LouReed
            • Aug 2023

Your photo reminds me of when I was maybe 12, a friend's older brother would make a monthly run to Dallas and fill his El Camino bed up with Coors - before you could buy it in the Houston market. Then he and his Dad would drink some and sell the rest. I'd get paid a couple of dollars to help unload. Would have rather had a case to take home to Dad.

Comment

• KWeber
              KWeber commented
              Editing a comment
              when I was in high school, closest place to buy Coors was Del Rio...
              dont recall any beer runs over there, but Amistad was new and most who went on a bass trip always brought back a few cases
          • back lasher
            • Sep 2023

Nice.

Comment

• older 37
              • Aug 2023

Thirsty ?
              Old is just a number

Comment

• Trouthunter
                Administrator
                • Aug 2023

"when I was in high school, closest place to buy Coors was Del Rio...
                dont recall any beer runs over there, but Amistad was new and most who went on a bass trip always brought back a few cases"

Nah Kurt you could buy it in Uvalde in 73 and I bought a lot to bring home for a profit.

Life its too short to own ugly handguns and drink fruity whiskey.

Comment

• KWeber
                  • Aug 2023

you sure about that date? seems like I remember 73ish when Del Rio was as far East as it was availiable down here...
                  gonna dig into that, cuz Coors was unobtainium to us in HS back then w/o a trip to del Rio.. which most of us werent allowed that far....not quite the age for Mx disneyland...wink

Comment

• KWeber
                    KWeber commented
                    Editing a comment

• KWeber
                    KWeber commented
                    Editing a comment
                    from the above article...
                    Coors has actually served parts of Texas since 1948, when it moved into El Paso, and later, portions of West and North Texas. In 1966, the company granted distributorships in the Dallas-Fort Worth markets and as far south­west as Brownwood and Del Rio. Still, company executives used to describe their domain as “ten states plus Texas,” since Coors had distributorships cover­ing only 35 per cent of the total Texas market area. Then, last July, about a month after going public on the stock market, Coors announced it would com­plete its penetration of the third-best beer-drinking state in the nation.

• KWeber
                    KWeber commented
                    Editing a comment
                    this made a big diff, too...
                    I fell into the slot in the fall of 74 when I turned 18 ( had to register for the draft, tho)
                    Editor’s note: This is the second installment in a semimonthly, three-part series of Thirsty Thursday Investigates underage drinking focusing on minimum legal drinking age. Why is the minimum legal drinking age 21 and not 18? The answer is more complicated than you might think. Every aspect of the regulation of alcohol, beyond the one regarding...
                • Walkin' Jack
                  • Aug 2023

That reminds me of all the times of scootin my boots on Gilleys dance floor with a Lone Star long neck in my hip pocket while Johnny Lee was on stage singing Looking For Love. Sigh...

Comment

Working...