I need some advice?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skelly
    • Oct 2023

Take to the vet. Sit on the floor with him as long as you want and let him rest in your lap. They can issue right there and he will go to sleep in your arms. Sad but definitely the best way. Sorry for you!

Comment

• On The Hook
      • Aug 2023

Does he like car rides? I’ve found the best way is to schedule it with a good vet who will save your friend the stress of going to the vets. They will come to your truck in the parking lot where the dog is comfortable. Give them some treats and they go easy and peacefully in a space they are comfortable. I always burry my pets myself, so they are already in the truck. You don’t want to be carrying your newly lost best friend through a vets office. Sadly, the vets just put them in the trash.. I learned this the hard way, never again.

I can give you advice, but making that decision is heart wrenching. I dug a hole earlier today. Be strong and remember the good times. My heart hurts.
      I do stuff !

Comment

• dwilliams35
        • Aug 2023

Originally posted by On The Hook
        Does he like car rides? I’ve found the best way is to schedule it with a good vet who will save your friend the stress of going to the vets. They will come to your truck in the parking lot where the dog is comfortable. Give them some treats and they go easy and peacefully in a space they are comfortable. I always burry my pets myself, so they are already in the truck. You don’t want to be carrying your newly lost best friend through a vets office. Sadly, the vets just put them in the trash.. I learned this the hard way, never again.

I can give you advice, but making that decision is heart wrenching. I dug a hole earlier today. Be strong and remember the good times. My heart hurts.
        You CAN do cremations, all the vets have connections to pet crematoriums. They do a pretty good job, nice little engraved boxes and everything.. Do you trust them to do individual cremations like you pay for? Who knows, do you trust them to do the same with Aunt Harriet?
        Last edited by dwilliams35; 04-19-2024, 04:19 PM.

Comment

• back lasher
          • Sep 2023

Take him to the vet and stay with him. They say that dogs can sense what is happining, and when the owner leaves the room they have a paniced look on their face wondering why the person they love the most is abandoning them at the very end. Absolutely heart breaking for the pup! Sorry you are going through this, but it is worth it. Prayers sent.

Comment

• jimij
            • Aug 2023

My Vet came to my house. My best friend was peaceful and on his own bed. It’s was without doubt the right decision…
            But I’ve never felt more heartache than that moment. Still not over it

Comment

• Unknownstrohsfan
              • Nov 2023

Originally posted by BigTim
              Another option…there are home hospice and euthanasia services available for pets.
              This^^^ I can get the number if you need it. prayer for you too.

Comment

Working...