Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bocephus
    • Aug 2023

Ohtani got swindled by his Interpreter

I remember watching a game last year when he was pitching and the pitching coach and Interpreter came out to visit him on the mound. The announcer was talking about how Ohtani and the Interpreter had become really good friends...

I'll bet Ohtani wishes he could take BP on that guys head !!!

Shohei Ohtani's attorneys have reportedly claimed that his interpreter stole "millions of dollars" from him to gamble with an illegal bookie.
    I miss the America I grew up in.
  • Jdusek
    • Aug 2023

I read they have been friends for a long time before his work as a translator. In any case it is a strange story at one point he said Ohtani paid off his gambling debt. Then ESPN was coming out with an article and his reps came back and said he had know knowledge. The story is changing.

Comment

• Bocephus
      • Aug 2023

Weird for sure, always 3 sides to a story....
      I miss the America I grew up in.

Comment

• dunedawg
        dunedawg commented
        Editing a comment
        That was an Extreme (Nuno Bettencourt) album. Was actually pretty good.
    • Bandit1
      • Aug 2023

Something here stinks. I think Ohtani was gambling on baseball, and everybody is going to cover it up to protect the big star.
      The artist formerly known as Johnbutte1

What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms. - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• WillieT
        • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Bandit1
        Something here stinks. I think Ohtani was gambling on baseball, and everybody is going to cover it up to protect the big star.
        Where did you come up with that? Link please.

Comment

• wfishtx
          • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Bandit1
          Tread lightly Bandit......Speaking from experience, conspiracy theories don't sit well with a lot of folks around here....LOL

Comment

• Jdusek
            • Aug 2023

Originally posted by WillieT
            Where did you come up with that? Link please.
            This link makes me think he was betting. I am not saying on baseball like bandit but I do think there is more to the story.

The interpreter for the Dodgers' Shohei Ohtani was fired Wednesday after questions surrounding at least $4.5 million in wire transfers sent from Ohtani's bank account to a bookmaking operation set off a series of events.

Comment

• 2Ws
              2Ws commented
              Editing a comment
              Illegal in Ca
          • jabx1962
            • Aug 2023

Can't trust them Japs.
            Definitely Maybe

Comment

• Unknownstrohsfan
              • Nov 2023

Originally posted by jabx1962
              Can't trust them Japs.
              Learn to speak English, no enterpreter needed, nuff said. That goes for all the Latin big times too. You speak dollar, you speak English. Easy peasy. I can speak Spanish well enough to get laid, get drunk, get the tools I need to get the job done that I want done, or find where I need to go to get it done by someone else. My Japanese is somewhat limited, but my family that was stationed in Okinawa for less than 4 years do okay.

Comment

• WillieT
                • Aug 2023

Seriously.

Comment

• Unknownstrohsfan
                  • Nov 2023

Originally posted by WillieT
                  Seriously.
                  Serious as as a snake bite, way out in the woods. Serious as breast cancer in babies.

Comment

• Unknownstrohsfan
                    • Nov 2023

Originally posted by Jdusek

This link makes me think he was betting. I am not saying on baseball like bandit but I do think there is more to the story.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...er-fired-theft
                    If it is anything, it's baseball. The whole Pete Rose episode revolved around the fact that everyone knew he was betting on baseball and he lied like a rug about it. If Showtime is betting on baseball, and is now tied to the Dodgers/Angels, that is KARMA

Comment

• 2Ws
                      • Aug 2023

Let Pete IN
                      Well cut my legs off and call me shorty

Comment

• wfishtx
                        • Aug 2023

He sure was quick to make sure he told everyone Ohtani was not the one gambling even if they didn't ask. I covered for my cousin one time and the first thing I told his parents was that he didn't do it when of course he was the one who did it. They knew it was him the second I told them it wasn't.

I'm kind of hoping it was Ohtani and he was betting on baseball. MLB needs some new drama so they can finally move on from the Astros and 2017.

Comment

• Jdusek
                          • Aug 2023

Originally posted by wfishtx
                          He sure was quick to make sure he told everyone Ohtani was not the one gambling even if they didn't ask. I covered for my cousin one time and the first thing I told his parents was that he didn't do it when of course he was the one who did it. They knew it was him the second I told them it wasn't.

I'm kind of hoping it was Ohtani and he was betting on baseball. MLB needs some new drama so they can finally move on from the Astros and 2017.
                          Conspiracy theory here, I don't think MLB wants to do anything now if the Feds find something and makes it public then they will have no choice. FYI just like Texas it is illegal to sports bet in CA.

Comment

Working...