Should be a great four days of golf.
  • Texashookset 2
    • Aug 2023

Fowler’s due for a top ten.

Comment

• WillieT
      WillieT commented
      Editing a comment
      He’s my dark horse pick, along with Cameron Young.
  • Bandit1
    • Aug 2023

Fun fact, I was on the golf team in high school. I was miserable, and having a terrible time. Not the golfing itself, I was decent. But the whole experience was sucking for me. Then it dawned on me: I don't like golf.

The artist formerly known as Johnbutte1

What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms. - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• wfishtx
      • Aug 2023

Would love to see Fowler make a run.

Comment

• Ditto
        • Aug 2023

I love golf but don't have as much time as I used to, to play. I still get to the range once a week and play get to play once or twice a month. Sometimes with my 88 year old dad or my 30 year old son. Got to watch a practice round at Augusta in 2017. The Masters is the one golf tournament I watch all four round if possible. Streaming it on my phone at the office on Thursday and Friday.

Comment

• Donnyp
          • Sep 2023

I hope no LIV players win it.

Comment

• BretE
            • Aug 2023

My favorite time of the year….
            I got nuthin….

Comment

• Texashookset 2
              • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Bandit1
              Fun fact, I was on the golf team in high school. I was miserable, and having a terrible time. Not the golfing itself, I was decent. But the whole experience was sucking for me. Then it dawned on me: I don't like golf.
              Lol. Me too, I grew up playing golf on a redneck goat pasture course. Was first man varsity my freshman year (was decent, single digit handi), we sucked but our girls team was fine as shit. They sucked too but all the teams in the district that smoked us every tourney loved to see our bus show up with the chicees on it. Lol

Comment

• dunedawg
                • Aug 2023

I always watch, but TMS is this weekend!! Gonna hafta record one of them

Comment

• Spinky
                  • Aug 2023

Just got back from a couple days at Augusta. As much as coverage and camera angles, drone views and whatever they can do to view that course, it's impossible to explain or describe how spectacular that place is. The first thing that struck me was the terrain. The steep, steep slopes of the fairways, undulations of the greens and other features just made me say Holy Crap! The march up 18 is brutal after a day of wandering the course. The fairways are like super short-pile carpets, not a flaw anywhere. The "rough" is the same way, maybe an inch long or so. Also, the fairways are wide open for the most part. Get off the fairway and you can still work it back into play. Absolutely pristine everywhere you look.
                  That being said, you can really see how the difference between a fantastic shot and disaster might only be a foot or so either way on those greens. The undulations can be the difference between being 4 feet away or 40 feet away from the hole depending on only a couple of feet either way. Also why that place can be so hard to putt at. You just can't see that except in person.
                  Sadly, the azaleas and dogwoods bloomed about two weeks too early this year, so the post card views at Amen Corner, while still spectacular, were a little less so. Got some great pics.
                  The entire operation is seamless as related to customer service for the patrons, hell, there were dudes in the bathrooms cleaning the toilets between every user!
                  Just an incredible and spectacular experience in every way. Only draw back was our legs were absolutely shot from climbing those hills, but we got over it...

Comment

• TIMBOv2
                    • Aug 2023

I heard there was a few hole in 1’s on the same hole. Like 5 in the same day.
                    anyone else hear/see the same?
                    But mama said.

Comment

• FREON
                      • Aug 2023

Originally posted by TIMBOv2
                      I heard there was a few hole in 1’s on the same hole. Like 5 in the same day.
                      anyone else hear/see the same?
                      That would have been in the Par 3 Tournament on Wednesday.
                      Da C-Listers are Coming

Comment

• TIMBOv2
                        TIMBOv2 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        👍👍👍
                    • Spinky
                      • Aug 2023

Gonna be rooting for Max Homa this weekend. All around good guy and damn good golfer. Now that his quadruple on 15 is going to send Jordan home for the weekend, Max is my choice. Definitely not Bryson and, truth be told, not Tiger..

Comment

• fishguru00
                        fishguru00 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        He’s hanging in there.
                    • copanoson
                      • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Spinky
                      Just got back from a couple days at Augusta. As much as coverage and camera angles, drone views and whatever they can do to view that course, it's impossible to explain or describe how spectacular that place is. The first thing that struck me was the terrain. The steep, steep slopes of the fairways, undulations of the greens and other features just made me say Holy Crap! The march up 18 is brutal after a day of wandering the course. The fairways are like super short-pile carpets, not a flaw anywhere. The "rough" is the same way, maybe an inch long or so. Also, the fairways are wide open for the most part. Get off the fairway and you can still work it back into play. Absolutely pristine everywhere you look.
                      That being said, you can really see how the difference between a fantastic shot and disaster might only be a foot or so either way on those greens. The undulations can be the difference between being 4 feet away or 40 feet away from the hole depending on only a couple of feet either way. Also why that place can be so hard to putt at. You just can't see that except in person.
                      Sadly, the azaleas and dogwoods bloomed about two weeks too early this year, so the post card views at Amen Corner, while still spectacular, were a little less so. Got some great pics.
                      The entire operation is seamless as related to customer service for the patrons, hell, there were dudes in the bathrooms cleaning the toilets between every user!
                      Just an incredible and spectacular experience in every way. Only draw back was our legs were absolutely shot from climbing those hills, but we got over it...
                      Envious you got to experience the course!

I've been told by a friend who got to go a few years ago the colors of the grass, flowers, trees, etc. are spectacular. He said he never knew grass could be so green...lol!

Comment

• Spinky
                        • Aug 2023

Originally posted by copanoson

Envious you got to experience the course!

I've been told by a friend who got to go a few years ago the colors of the grass, flowers, trees, etc. are spectacular. He said he never knew grass could be so green...lol!

Absolutely- just an amazing visual experience. Several times I took my sunglasses off so I could see the true colors without the tinting, didn’t want to miss a thing. Experiencing those scenes in real life 3D is indescribable
                        It’s also interesting how the whole atmosphere rubs of on the spectators. Everyone very respectable to each other and the surroundings. Not a spec of trash, cigar/cigarette butts or stray cups anywhere to be seen, no drunk a-holes stumbling about or yelling crap.

Comment

Working...