Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TPOTTS
    • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Bocephus
    Billy Goat Beard being optioned to Sugarland.

They need to send Singleton with him and give Dubon and the new kid time at first.
    I agree! Abreu needed to go down to the minors in a bad way and try to find his swing again. Singleton is a bum and has been from the get go, even from his first gig with the Stros.

Comment

• Unknownstrohsfan
      • Nov 2023

Originally posted by Bocephus

Indiansā€¦I like that. Everyone should refer to them as the Indians. Stupid woke bullshit.

Seminole Indians in Florida said they were fine with Florida State honoring their tribe.
      Yep, go Redskins,

Comment

• awesum
        • Aug 2023

No hitting with runners in scoring position from the guys you expect to. Not sure what the deal was with Carratini in the 10th inning.

If Bregman continues at his current pace not many will be interested in him come time. He'll have little or no leverage.

Comment

• bowmansdad
          • Aug 2023

Itā€™s a shame that through 29 games, the 1B and 3B positions have 1 home run each.

Comment

• Bocephus
            • Aug 2023

Originally posted by awesum
            No hitting with runners in scoring position from the guys you expect to. Not sure what the deal was with Carratini in the 10th inning.

If Bregman continues at his current pace not many will be interested in him come time. He'll have little or no leverage.
            Yep and thatā€™s putting even more pressure on him.
            I miss the America I grew up in.

Comment

• Unknownstrohsfan
              • Nov 2023

Originally posted by awesum

Obviously Carratini is a graduate of the Altuve online school of base running. Possibly they should find someone with better credentials to run the class.

Comment

• BretE
                • Aug 2023

I got nuthinā€¦.

Comment

• Kevin Nicholls
                  • Aug 2023

2 out 3 from the Tribe. Go Stro's.
                  I don't have anything clever to write here.

Comment

• wfishtx
                    • Aug 2023

Good series win against a pretty good Indians team. Bregman and Alvarez keep sucking it up with runners in scoring position. If they don't figure it out pretty quick, the hole may very well be too deep to crawl out of.

Comment

• awesum
                      awesum commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I agree. Oddly I've gotten to where I hate to see Bregman or Alvarez at the plate with the bases loaded or runners in scoring position. I hope that's just temporary.
                  • awesum
                    • Aug 2023

We have company in the cellar!

Comment

• wfishtx
                      • Aug 2023

I can't believe the Astros are only 6 games out to be honest and they've only played 7 games against a division opponent (all against the Rangers in which they went 4-3 against). Obviously, this early in the season there is still plenty of time to win the division, but I still can't believe they are only 6 games back.

Maybe now that we're in May, these guys will start playing like they're capable of playing and they'll have the division lead by the All-Star break.....fingers crossed.

Comment

• Spinky
                        • Aug 2023

Originally posted by wfishtx
                        I can't believe the Astros are only 6 games out to be honest and they've only played 7 games against a division opponent (all against the Rangers in which they went 4-3 against). Obviously, this early in the season there is still plenty of time to win the division, but I still can't believe they are only 6 games back.

Maybe now that we're in May, these guys will start playing like they're capable of playing and they'll have the division lead by the All-Star break.....fingers crossed.

It's a long season, they'll be fine. Will be interesting to see how they do against the Mariners and their pitching. Damn good!
                        Last edited by Spinky; 05-03-2024, 09:41 AM.

Comment

• Unknownstrohsfan
                          • Nov 2023

Originally posted by Spinky

It's a long season, they'll be fine. Will be interesting to see how they do against the Mariners and their pitching. Damn good!
                          Mariners pitching is good , Mariners offense not so much, weak part of their pitching is running up against the Strohs "strong part" hoping for the best, they need to gain ground or this season can get away from them. It doesn't seem like a big deal in April unless you have to leap frog 4 teams.
                          Last edited by Unknownstrohsfan; 05-03-2024, 05:11 PM.

Comment

• Matt
                            • Aug 2023

Vancouver Nashville hame 7, Toronto forcing game 7 with bruins. Beats watching astros lose šŸ˜€

Comment

• BretE
                              • Aug 2023

I got nuthinā€¦.

Comment

Working...