2024 Astros - Vol 2

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wfishtx
    • Aug 2023

Good come from behind win last night. That’s the kind of win you hope might get a streak going.

Comment

• Bocephus
      • Aug 2023

Originally posted by wfishtx
      Good come from behind win last night. That’s the kind of win you hope might get a streak going.
      Yessir, those are the kind of games I love to see.
      I miss the America I grew up in.

Comment

• awesum
        • Aug 2023

Early start this evening. Let's hope we get the good Framber and our timely hitting perks up a bit.

Comment

• wfishtx
          • Aug 2023

As the saying goes, good pitching beats good hitting. Or in the Astros case, average hitting.

Comment

• I Fall In
            • Aug 2023

Originally posted by wfishtx
            As the saying goes, good pitching beats good hitting. Or in the Astros case, average hitting.
            They were way below average tonight.
            How do you make a really good pitcher more efficient and a lot better? Answer, swing at everything and anything he throws. In the dirt, swing. A foot outside swing. Two feet outside swing. Over your head, swing. Way inside almost hits you, swing.
            Tonight was one of the most undisciplined 24/25 trips to the plate that I have seen in a while.
            Not to mention two nights in a row one of our players trotted towards first and the infielder booted the ball and still had time to throw him out by ten steps. 27.
            Shoot the messenger before he delivers the bad news.

Comment

• awesum
              awesum commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree. I emailed a friend that Gilbert is good but they are making him look better by swinging at everything no matter where it was. All of 'em. Absolutely zero discipline.
          • Bocephus
            • Aug 2023

Yeah, they were swinging at everything.

Not hustling down to first is bullshit. Lack of discipline is what it tells me. The fielder has to cleanly field the ball and make a good throw to first, and the first baseman catches and tags the base. Lots of things can go wrong, but lazy ass players assume they're already out....that's inexcusable.

Comment

• Unknownstrohsfan
              • Nov 2023

H. Brown needs to make a good showing today, or he is gonna be back at Sugarland so fast he won't remember the bus ride.

Comment

• Unknownstrohsfan
                • Nov 2023

Good grief, Loperfido has the best at bat so far, an 8 pitch K.

Comment

• Unknownstrohsfan
                  • Nov 2023

Well for all the guys that said Pressley sucked cause he allowed too many base runners .https://www.mlb.com/player/623352

Comment

• Kevin Nicholls
                    • Aug 2023

Those are two tough loses. We should have won that series.
                    I don't have anything clever to write here.

Comment

• Spinky
                      • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Unknownstrohsfan
                      Well for all the guys that said Pressley sucked cause he allowed too many base runners .https://www.mlb.com/player/623352

Bullet dodged for lots of teams considering him, at least for now. Other than Rivera and Rollie fingers, very few closers have a long history of dominance over several seasons. I'm sure there are a few others, but they're few and far between.
                      Bullpen signings can be crapshoots at best, especially long term contracts.

Comment

• Bandit1
                        • Aug 2023

They're shitty.
                        The artist formerly known as Johnbutte1

What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms. - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Unknownstrohsfan
                          • Nov 2023

Originally posted by Spinky

Bullet dodged for lots of teams considering him, at least for now. Other than Rivera and Rollie fingers, very few closers have a long history of dominance over several seasons. I'm sure there are a few others, but they're few and far between.
                          Bullpen signings can be crapshoots at best, especially long term contracts.
                          This was a Crane deal, not a D. Brown deal, which seems totally out of character for a team that doesn,t offer long term contracts to pitchers, especially Premadonna closers over the age of 25. All this on top of the impending doom of the Bregman and Tucker contract negotiations makes no sense when Pressly was doing the job at the journeyman's rate and doing it at an awesome rate in the post season.

Comment

• WhiteBassFisher
                            • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Bocephus
                            Yeah, they were swinging at everything.

Not hustling down to first is bullshit. Lack of discipline is what it tells me. The fielder has to cleanly field the ball and make a good throw to first, and the first baseman catches and tags the base. Lots of things can go wrong, but lazy ass players assume they're already out....that's inexcusable.
                            I agree. It disappointed me that Altuve did that. I thought his spirit would cause him to be more of a hustler than that.

Comment

• Bocephus
                              • Aug 2023

Biggio always busted his butt down to first base no matter what.

Comment

Working...