Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 2Ws
    • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Shinerlight
    I may be in the minority, but i know i can get thru checkout at the Victoria location way faster than the old multi lane way. You may start 20 deep, but it doesn't take long.
    Maybe in Victoria but NOT in the Beaumont store, last week I left a box of buckshot and hooks on the counter beside the junk along the checkout line...20-30 folks in line with 2 checkers.....reminds me of the Wal-Mart
    Well cut my legs off and call me shorty

Comment

• Stalkin Spots
      • Aug 2023

I’m for it because no matter which line I get in, that’s the one that will stall out. I don’t care if there is only one person, something happens and I don’t move. At least with the uni-line I automatically go to the next available, unless there is only one checker, in which case I go nowhere again. I hate lines.

Comment

• Shinerlight
        • Aug 2023

Originally posted by 2Ws
        Maybe in Victoria but NOT in the Beaumont store, last week I left a box of buckshot and hooks on the counter beside the junk along the checkout line...20-30 folks in line with 2 checkers.....reminds me of the Wal-Mart
        Victoria does have it down, 6 single checkers, and the customer service checkers, if they aren't busy. I am impressed every time i go thru there. I guess better manangement is the difference.

Comment

• Tsip
          • Aug 2023

I went into the Corpus store once and the line snaked it's way out and down the entire main front aisle all the way to the fishing section. I didn't need whatever it was I went in there for that bad, so we walked out and went to Roy's. Now that I think about it, the last dozen or so times I've been in an Academy, I've left wondering why I still go in that place.
          Unrecoverable Saltoholic

Comment

• Unknownstrohsfan
            • Nov 2023

Originally posted by I Fall In
            Why even bother going to Academy? All they sell now is basketballs and Crocs
            Yeah you have to g to Walmart for the flip flops with the toenail cut outs.

Comment

• dunedawg
              • Aug 2023

My grandson plays baseball about 9 months out of the year. A few of years ago when he started using all the high-end equipment, I was surprised that Academy now carries A2000 gloves, Marucci bats, etc. I have an Academy CC which offers 5% off on Academy purchases. The send me a pic of what he needs, I buy it at the store close to them, store-pick. That way they can go and look it over before accepting it, unlike ordering on-line and letting FedEx abuse it. The last $350 bat I ordered delivered by FedEx it looked like they beat the box with a hammer. There was a hole in the box that I was able to reach in and pull out the bat. Needless to say it had to be returned which is a lot more trouble.

Comment

Working...