X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cubera
    • Aug 2023

UT Protest

Live coverage, got DPS on horses.
    Almost 60 people were arrested by law enforcement on the University of Texas at Austin campus on Wednesday, April 24 during protests.
    That old adage that states "If you want something done right you must do it yourself!", didn't quite hold true regarding my latest surgery.
    EPSTEIN DID NOT KILL HIMSELF.​
  • DEXTER
    • Aug 2023

Doesn't surprise me one bit. It's Austin at it's finest

Comment

• Cubera
      • Aug 2023

Just ended. First wave was on horse back followed by DPS in riot gear. Cleared them right out.
      Good job.
      That old adage that states "If you want something done right you must do it yourself!", didn't quite hold true regarding my latest surgery.
      EPSTEIN DID NOT KILL HIMSELF.​

Comment

• Texashookset 2
        • Aug 2023

Hope they busted some heads open. Bunch of idiot punks.

Comment

• Trouthunter
          Administrator
          • Aug 2023

Yea Austin has always been liberal as has UT...note not many Austin PD in the picture...the transients from California defunded the Austin PD so DPS handles stuff like this for them. And we all pay for it lol.
          Life its too short to own ugly handguns and drink fruity whiskey.

Comment

• KWeber
            KWeber commented
            Editing a comment
            didnt they have one at Rice yesterday?
        • DIHLON
          • Aug 2023

Could be worse. Remember when UT students were parading around carrying massive dildos for the whole "cocks not glocks" movement they started? Their parents must have been so proud.

Comment

• dwilliams35
            • Aug 2023

A&M:

Pro-Palestinian students at Texas A&M marched around campus Tuesday afternoon against the U.S.'s continued support of Israel.

Rice:

As student protests erupt across the country, Rice Students for Justice in Palestine launched a “liberated zone” on Rice campus, announced a two-day series of events and started construction on an “apartheid wall.”

Tech has had some minor activity too, I'd expect UH to join in over the next few days, given their history of gaza protests over the last year.. This isn't some "austin libs", this is a concerted effort across the country. Welcome to this year's BLM/Occupy/whatever: directed, funded, organized and supplied by the DNC. College campuses are the easiest places to do these, rarely need permits, the faculty is on board, and the administration is about always scared to pull the trigger on removing them.

Comment

• Rubberback
              • Aug 2023

So I heard the law rode in on horses. Rut Ro! Are we gonna now hear how the officers were using the reins to beat protesters from the dems.
              I bet a lot of these protester's probably came across our open borders and we are actually paying them as tax's payers.
              This open border is gonna bite this country in the arse. But the dems will deny it. This country has gone full blown third world chit hole.
              Pray for America its getting real.
              Meet Kilo

Comment

• SeaOx 230c
                • Aug 2023

I agree with the Right to peacefully protest.

I don't believe you should be able set up and occupy a public space until you get your way. Have your protest, speak your peace and move on, nothing wrong with that.

If you're on private property and have owners blessing well occupy it all you want.

Comment

• Mac1528
                  • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Rubberback
                  So I heard the law rode in on horses. Rut Ro! Are we gonna now hear how the officers were using the reins to beat protesters from the dems.
                  I bet a lot of these protester's probably came across our open borders and we are actually paying them as tax's payers.
                  This open border is gonna bite this country in the arse. But the dems will deny it. This country has gone full blown third world chit hole.
                  Pray for America its getting real.
                  Yeppers, I heard some of those 14-16 hand horses can squelch a protest pretty quick, just standing next to one dem puppys!

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Batwing
                    • Aug 2023

LMAO I'd like to send officer Bilson a thank you.

Attached Files

Comment

• Stalkin Spots
                      Stalkin Spots commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That girl looks like she realizes it ain’t all fun and games anymore. Stuff just got real!
                  • Hooked
                    • Aug 2023

Read that UT sent a letter to that PLO protest group telling them their assembly request was cancelled and any attempt to protest would be met by police action. Looks like they did exactly what they were warned would happen........jail time.

Comment

• dwilliams35
                      • Aug 2023

Dear UT community,
                      This has been a challenging day for many. We have witnessed much activity we normally do not experience on our campus, and there is understandably a lot of emotion surrounding these events.

Today, our University held firm, enforcing our rules while protecting the Constitutional right to free speech. Peaceful protests within our rules are acceptable. Breaking our rules and policies and disrupting others’ ability to learn are not allowed. The group that led this protest stated it was going to violate Institutional Rules. Our rules matter, and they will be enforced. Our University will not be occupied.

The protesters tried to deliver on their stated intent to occupy campus. People not affiliated with UT joined them, and many ignored University officials’ continual pleas for restraint and to immediately disperse. The University did as we said we would do in the face of prohibited actions. We were prepared, with the necessary support to maintain campus operations and ensure the safety, well-being and learning environment for our more than 50,000 students.

We are grateful for the countless staff members and state and University law enforcement officers, as well as support personnel who exercised extraordinary restraint in the face of a difficult situation that is playing out at universities across the country. There is a way to exercise freedom of speech and civil discourse, and our Office of the Dean of Students has continued to offer ways to ensure protests can happen within the rules. The University of Texas will continue to take necessary steps so that all our University functions proceed without interruption.
                      Sincerely yours,
                      Jay Hartzell
                      President

Comment

• Razorback
                        • Aug 2023

A couple of the NYU protestors. Guess we will soon be paying their student loans.

Comment

• Rubberback
                          Rubberback commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Next will be buying them a house and on and on we go. FJB and giving away our money for a fricking vote. Loser.
                      • Trouthunter
                        Administrator
                        • Aug 2023

The really sad thing about it? A huge percentage of the students protesting are born and raised US citizens and have no clue as to exactly why they're protesting; they just do it because others are.
                        Life its too short to own ugly handguns and drink fruity whiskey.

Comment

Working...