Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gds
    • Aug 2023

Trump and DeSantis

Trump and DeSantis had a meeting over the weekend where DeSantis agreed to campaign for Trump, but my question is do y'all think that this is an indication that Trump may be considering him for the VP slot. I still think that would be a killer ticket.
  • Bandit1
    • Aug 2023

Nah, its so Desantis can run in 28.
    The artist formerly known as Johnbutte1

What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms. - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Grumpy356
      • Aug 2023

Originally posted by gds
      Trump and DeSantis had a meeting over the weekend where DeSantis agreed to campaign for Trump, but my question is do y'all think that this is an indication that Trump may be considering him for the VP slot. I still think that would be a killer ticket.
      And I think it would "kill the ticket"

Desantis doesn't bring a single vote Trump would not get.
      He ADDS nothing.

Playing victim is the most powerful position on the board. You get to define the villain and the hero, and nothing is your fault. Plus if you don’t like the way it’s going you can redefine the hero as a villain.​

Comment

• Wade Fisher
        Wade Fisher commented
        Editing a comment
        He actually loses something. Florida's electoral votes
    • DIHLON
      • Aug 2023

2 white dudes ain’t gonna cut it. He needs either a female or black for his VP pick.

Comment

• dunedawg
        • Aug 2023

Yea, I believe you're right.

Comment

• Grumpy356
          • Aug 2023

Originally posted by DIHLON
          2 white dudes ain’t gonna cut it. He needs either a female or black for his VP pick.
          If we are going to play that game & I guess it’s inevitable, someone of Latino descent makes the most sense and helps bolster your border policy. We support legal immigration done right, but can’t tolerate illegal immigration’s and open borders.

Playing victim is the most powerful position on the board. You get to define the villain and the hero, and nothing is your fault. Plus if you don’t like the way it’s going you can redefine the hero as a villain.​

Comment

• DIHLON
            • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Grumpy356
            If we are going to play that game & I guess it’s inevitable, someone of Latino descent makes the most sense and helps bolster your border policy. We support legal immigration done right, but can’t tolerate illegal immigration’s and open borders.
            We might as well play that game. The dems do, while we sit on the sidelines. Let’s be honest: there is a pretty significant percentage of the population that only vote based on skin color. It might as well be in our favor.

Comment

• Bill
              Akula
              • Aug 2023

Desantis broke his word and many people have not forgot (especially Floridians)

Comment

• Marku2.0
                • Aug 2023

I don't think Desantis can run with Trump. Since they're both from FL.

Comment

• Rubberback
                  Rubberback commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think your right but Trump has many homes and if elected he would be at the WH. I do know Trump said he's gonna hire someone that has similar ideas as his and could replace him if something happens to him.
                  It would make sense to hire DeSantis. Will see ! First we got to win.
              • Bill
                Akula
                • Aug 2023

I feel it could be Dr Carson

He is calm, highly Intelligent and respected. He can deal with the media. A big point is he has no ego to hurt. He can see, understand and work with Trump (not a easy task for many in Washington). The color of his skin makes no difference to me but could fill the requirements of those who can only define a person by skin color.

I want the BEST person in Office, not another quota.

Comment

• Rubberback
                  Rubberback commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I like him. But I think DeSantis would be a better POTUS and could possibly be our next POTUS. So with that in mind it would only make sense.

• dwilliams35
                  dwilliams35 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Since the last "calm unassuming conservative" VP worked so well for him..

I'd be definitely on board with that too, but I'm not seeing him bring just a whole lot to the electability table at this point besides just being black. He'd definitely be an asset once he got on the job, but I don't see him helping the actual ticket that much.
              • dwilliams35
                • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Marku2.0
                I don't think Desantis can run with Trump. Since they're both from FL.
                he can run, but Florida electors can't vote for both of them. The end result would probably be that Trump would get x electoral votes, and Desantis would get x minus florida electoral votes.

Comment

• wfishtx
                  • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Bill
                  Desantis broke his word and many people have not forgot (especially Floridians)
                  Curious to know more on this. What word did he break? Maybe I missed it.

Comment

• gds
                    • Aug 2023

Whoever is VP, will be the leading candidate for POTUS in 2028 so I think that needs to be brought into the equation. Ben Carson is undoubtedly a brilliant man, but I don't think he has what it takes to be POTUS. If you are going to start picking people on their sex and skin color, which I don't agree with, there is only one person that I can think of that fills that bill and I wanted to see her run in 2008, that's Condoleeza Rice. She's brilliant, has foreign policy experience and is respected all over the world, but I really doubt that she would be interested.

Comment

• SetDaHook
                      SetDaHook commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I've said along that Ben Carson is a great man with a multitude of accomplishments; however, he is not presidential material. Trump, and his VP will be fighting an uphill battle for years to come, and both need to be battle-hardened and ready to take on the MSM and the evil demoRat machine that will be thwarting them at every turn. .
                  • Batwing
                    • Aug 2023

Ken Paxton has some meetings with him as well while on Trail. Hope that guy is on the shirt list for VP.

Comment

• SmithRanchZ
                      • Aug 2023

VPs that have become president initially via election since WW2.

Nixon (weird 3 way race), Bush Sr., and Biden. LBJ takes office after JFK killed, and Truman takes office after FDR dies in office, so outside the normal pattern.

Meanwhile, Nixon, Mondale and Gore lose.

Bush Sr. is the only one to win as the incumbent VP.

Comment

Working...