Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dwilliams35
    • Aug 2023

Originally posted by gds
    Whoever is VP, will be the leading candidate for POTUS in 2028 so I think that needs to be brought into the equation. Ben Carson is undoubtedly a brilliant man, but I don't think he has what it takes to be POTUS. If you are going to start picking people on their sex and skin color, which I don't agree with, there is only one person that I can think of that fills that bill and I wanted to see her run in 2008, that's Condoleeza Rice. She's brilliant, has foreign policy experience and is respected all over the world, but I really doubt that she would be interested.
    Rice has a good bit of baggage from the Bush administration, that's going to be hard to overcome during an actual campaign when things start getting stupid..

Comment

• dwilliams35
      • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Grumpy356
      If we are going to play that game & I guess it’s inevitable, someone of Latino descent makes the most sense and helps bolster your border policy. We support legal immigration done right, but can’t tolerate illegal immigration’s and open borders.
      Okay, who's that? I could name some hispanics that would be on the list, but Ted Cruz is about the closest thing I can think of in the "legit candidate" category, and he'd be just doubling down on the stuff that is Trump's biggest hurdles..

Comment

• Marku2.0
        • Aug 2023

Trump needs to chose his VP based on the policies he wants to tackle. He needs the right person to steer these policies. As well as someone to call him out when he goes off the reservation.

Comment

• Marku2.0
          • Aug 2023

If Trump is serious about shrinking the gov., cutting spending, getting out of wars and not starting new ones, protecting our borders, and putting America first... Vivek is the only choice. He'd be perfect to continue that policy through 2036. We need young bright entrepreneurial minds running the show. These dinosaurs who haven't fixed anything in 40 years. And have basically effed up everything they've, "Fixed." Need to go extinct along with the newbees that fell for their bs. We haven't inspired enough of the right people to quit their high paying careers. To serve their fellow Americans back into prosperity. Vivek can inspire those folks. Trump got Vivek to vote and pay attention. That being said. I think the real hurdle is getting the older voters to back the youngsters. Jefferson was 33 when he wrote/scribed and signed the Declaration of Independence.

Comment

• KWeber
            KWeber commented
            Editing a comment
            I like Vivek, too... if he's on board w/what he says...
            plus he doesnt need lobbyist money... big plus...
            everyone since Regan had a price
        • copanoson
          • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Marku2.0
          Trump needs to chose his VP based on the policies he wants to tackle. He needs the right person to steer these policies. As well as someone to call him out when he goes off the reservation.
          This I can agree with!

T needs someone to get the attention of voters who are tired of the Trump show and don't want to vote for biden. I think early on T should announce his VP will be point person for major policies, but it has to be someone voters believe can handle these tasks.

The president's relationship with their VP is complicated. The president doesn't want their VP overshadowing them.

Comment

Working...