• Show
Clear All
  • bluefin
    • Aug 2023

From my vantage there are 3 entities doing valuations:
    1. County appraiser
    2. Bank's appraiser
    3. Trump
    Only Trump gets a 1/2 billion $$ penalty?
    And you say FMV (fair market value). That's a whole lot easier to assess in a bedroom community of 2400 sq ft homes. Trump's properties tend to be high end which makes assessments a whole lot more subjective.
    And what happens at the end of the year? Property appraisals roll out and so do the mailers selling services to fight those assessments.
    To say he frauded anyone is a stretch. I haven't seen what the county assessment was but like Mr. Stewart's home I bet it was way off the mark.

Comment

• Boom!
      • Aug 2023

What is retarded is anyone trying to justify this case. The freaking prosecutor has said as much to other real-estate investors that they will not prosecute others for the same thing. Ernest, you have hit the penny stocks at this point.

Comment

• wfishtx
        • Aug 2023

I need to figure out which financial institution Trump was doing business with. Its the first lender I've ever heard of that is loaning money without verifying the financial information they are being provided by the borrower. Or verifying it and not caring that is was inflated/incorrect.

I'm not suggesting Trump wasn't in the wrong, but why would a bank loan him money if he misrepresented his self-worth on a financial statement? They either didn't verify what he was providing them (shame on them) or they didn't care (shame on them) and now Trump is being prosecuted for a decision a financial institution made. If they would have declined his loan request because he overvalued his net worth, would he still be in this situation? Maybe the bank is in cohorts with the Democrats and approved his loan on purpose knowing he overvalued his assets just to see him get prosecuted.

Comment

• 2Ws
          2Ws commented
          Editing a comment
          From ALL your posting both trashing Trump and sometimes giving him the props he deserves..........I seriously thought you knew more than your post suggest.

• 2Ws
          2Ws commented
          Editing a comment
          Heres a hint on the bank....same bank they brought into the Mueller investigation
      • bluefin
        • Aug 2023

FWIW the banks did make money with the money we gave them.
        Wait, they made money off of our money.... I need to own a bank

Comment

• Marku2.0
          • Aug 2023

This whole case is the standard, "I can prosecute a ham sandwich in the right courtroom" deal. We have a DA who ran on the TDS platform. And is looking under every rock to find something to get the Orange bad man. Firstly, I doubt Trump filled out the loan application, and gathered the documents needed to support his claimed net worth. He has people for that. Just like the Lender has people who process and check loan applications.

What I'd like to know, who is the injured party? From what I've seen, the bankers were happy, Trump was happy. How is NYC the victim?

For the record Jon Stewart sold the condo for $18MM. The person he sold it to lost $4MM, 4 years later when they sold it. This is definitely a case of Jon Stewart over inflating the value of his asset. The bank who loaned the money on this deal apparently didn't do their due diligence. Jon Stewart must be locked up.

Comment

• Marku2.0
            • Aug 2023

Originally posted by bluefin
            From my vantage there are 3 entities doing valuations:
            1. County appraiser
            2. Bank's appraiser
            3. Trump
            Only Trump gets a 1/2 billion $$ penalty?
            And you say FMV (fair market value). That's a whole lot easier to assess in a bedroom community of 2400 sq ft homes. Trump's properties tend to be high end which makes assessments a whole lot more subjective.
            And what happens at the end of the year? Property appraisals roll out and so do the mailers selling services to fight those assessments.
            To say he frauded anyone is a stretch. I haven't seen what the county assessment was but like Mr. Stewart's home I bet it was way off the mark.
            Stewarts tax appraisal was at $870k. He sold it for $18MM...

Comment

• 2Ws
              2Ws commented
              Editing a comment
              He's lucky his last name is not Trump
          • Batwing
            • Aug 2023

The only real numbers on a property are set by a lic'ed appraiser. Period. The County does not set a property value for market. That is for tax purposes only and if they taxed on true value there would be a revolt.. The Bank or Buyer can choose to get an appraisal done or use other means like recent comparables that have sold in the last 6-12 months. Trump filling out a loan ford on a property value is verified in under writing in the loan process. The entire law suite is ludicrous as you can see with other developers in the area getting the hell out of NY..

Comment

• 2Ws
              • Aug 2023

The bottom line is they investigated a man LOOKING for a crime........this has been going on since DAY 1 when INFACT the ONLY thing he did wrong was beating Hillary Clinton....tell me how I'm wrong
              Well cut my legs off and call me shorty

Comment

• Bill
                Akula
                • Aug 2023

Did the Judge commit fraud when he severally UNDERESTIMATED the value of the Properties?
                The Judge knowingly gave misrepresentation of the truth here because Real Estate Experts gave a much different value.
                The Judge has gained in this whole process.
                The Attorney General gained in the whole process.

I would also consider Banks to be Experts. If they reviewed the application and then approved, then IMO they agreed to the terms and values.
                In the end, they are happy with the final result to the point where they stated they would be happy to do business again.
                Loans of that size are usually not made by a single person. It's taken and reviewed before the approval by multiple people at the Bank.

Does the Attorney General of New York have to have A referral or just look around to target some people or business​?

Comment

• Marku2.0
                  • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Batwing
                  The only real numbers on a property are set by a lic'ed appraiser. Period. The County does not set a property value for market. That is for tax purposes only and if they taxed on true value there would be a revolt.. The Bank or Buyer can choose to get an appraisal done or use other means like recent comparables that have sold in the last 6-12 months. Trump filling out a loan ford on a property value is verified in under writing in the loan process. The entire law suite is ludicrous as you can see with other developers in the area getting the hell out of NY..
                  When you buy a new home these days. The taxable value is basically the sales price, minus your homestead deduction, or age freezes. I believe this case, and the Fl. case are paving the way to increasing property valuations dramatically across the nation. Tell me when the State, County, or Cities have ever mentioned they don't need anymore tax money. All the folks that have lived in their homes forever. Usually have a far lower valuation verse their new nextdoor neighbors. Or the major cities with multi million dollar condos/properties where they're paying taxes on $800k, like Jon Stewart. I could see a smart person using the average homebuyer tax rate vs real valuation. To show the rich aren't paying their fair share, like Jon Stewart or Trump, or the NYC DA, or the Judge...

Comment

• matth
                    • Aug 2023

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	93365​justice?

Comment

• Shoepick74
                      Shoepick74 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      did you read the judgement
                  • SmithRanchZ
                    • Aug 2023

Again, we covered this before. Bernie had a bail bond. Bail bond. A bond to secure his appearance in a criminal case.

Trump is putting together a bond to stay execution of a civil judgment during appeal.

While both are bonds, they are different things, for different puposes, and the bond amount is calculated very differently.

Comment

• Rubberback
                      • Aug 2023

Yea there different all right. One of em they put pieces of paper in a hat and reached in and this is what they got. This isn't justice.
                      Meet Kilo

Comment

• Landlocked
                        • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Marku2.0

Stewarts tax appraisal was at $870k. He sold it for $18MM...
                        Wonder if Chambers County Appraisal District has any openings!!!🤣😂

Comment

Working...