X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Playinhooky
    Banned
    • Aug 2023

Originally posted by snookered
    I know, to some public lands aren't anywhere near as sexy as having a private lease behind a gate, but we've had some pretty good hunts on some of the TPWD Public lands....I think the year-long permit is like $40 bucks....check out some of the places near you on the interactive map https://tpwd.texas.gov/huntwild/hunt/public/
    jay
    Not here, did the PHP for several years for dove and waterfowl spent lots of time scouting and setting spreads, but not much time cleaning birds. mostly around the Devers Winnie area.

Comment

• Landlocked
      • Aug 2023

Maybe they are all setting on nests. My buddy's out west tell me the trees are full of dove.

Kinda funny...my Son went to Texas State. He had a part time job at the driving range on 21 right by the Blanco river. Dove were were there by the thousands. Every morning all them city dove would come flying over the driving range to get to a feeding field to the east. Young Son notices this and asks the owner of the driving range, piano player for George Strait, if he can shoot a few. Owner says...have at it!

Driving range opened up at 9am. Usually by then he had his 15 on the picnic table where folks get their buckets of golf balls. If he had a few more to get after he opened up at 9...he asked the patrons to work on their short game for a little bit.LOL

When I was there once a Cop pulled up in the parking lot. Being that this is pretty close to the city limit I went over to talk with him. He said...Ah Hell man yall are fine, I just stopped by to have a looks for a while. Looks like a lot of fun!!. Shook his hand got in the golf cart...drove back to my spot!!

Bunch of the owners friends, Country and Western singers/pickers, found out about this and started coming over to hunt with my son. They would get done bout time the range opened...set around the picnic table full of birds and start pickin and grinnin. Somewhere there's a Country and Western song titled...Hunting on a Driving Range with Andrew!!

Young Son got LOTS of free passes to concerts!!

Good Times!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...