Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dwilliams35
    • Aug 2023

Originally posted by DEXTER
    DWill around here windmill pipe is 2" - 2.5". You must be thinking electric submersible pipe and it's 1".
    Yep, you're right. brain fart. I can't be right ALL the time, and shouldn't be expected to be.. Got that, Kurt?

Comment

• KWeber
      KWeber commented
      Editing a comment
      someday you might break-down around Frio Co...it's gonna hurt, but I gotcher 6
  • Shinerlight
    • Aug 2023

We have all stand and fills now, except for 2 Hang 'em high feeders, which is what you're wanting. Idk the leg length off hand, but they have to be in that range. These feeders came with the fancy winches with a geae reducer and brake, and thar makes a ton of difference.

Comment

• Hunter11
      • Aug 2023

I have a crank up feeder I have had about 20 years. The wife and I took a ride down earlier and did some measuring on the legs. Mine are 1 1/2" square tube and are 14' long. Other than replacing the cable and the barrel about 3 years ago and touching up the paint every year I have done nothing to it. I do have the legs sitting on bricks and tied down with T post so the pigs don't mess with them.

Comment

• TIMBOv2
        • Aug 2023

Originally posted by BretE
        Go with a “stand-n-fill”, so many advantages…we replaced every feeder with one…mid to late season when they start getting empty, we’ll take 6 or 7 buckets of corn to the stand we’re hunting and add to the feeder. When you get the big depression under the feeder that turns into a big mud hole, they’re easy to move….no more ladders needed…
        I cut a hog panel in half and staked the 2 pieces together under my feeder. It’s been in the same spot for 2 years.
        Hogs we’re heavy the first year but the second year I only had pics of 1 for a few days.
        Of course there are no cows where I am at.
        But mama said.

Comment

Working...