Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TIMBOv2
    • Aug 2023

Originally posted by CSN
    I'm don't know if it has made a difference or not, but I have been stopped for speeding twice and once for headlight out. All three times I have had the officer respond very positively when he sees the LTC and the fact that I am carrying. No tickets yet. Along with all the other reasons mentioned above, it makes sense to keep the license.
    SOB in Brazoria got me coming off The Brazos bridge into Brazoria coming from LJ.
    Showed CHL & DL as required. He never said a word.
    Went to his car printed out ticket and brought it back to me.
    I said, "Why didn't you ask if I was carrying. He said, "If a person is licensed most of the time they are carrying."
    Then he also said, "Don't show me yours and I won't show you mine." (A HOLE)
    But mama said.

Comment

• CSN
      CSN commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, that is the first time I've heard of someone getting a ticket. Last week, when I got pulled over for headlight, the LEO asked, and when I said yes, he said "awesome". Ran my license and off I went.
  • Bandit1
    • Aug 2023

Worth renewing, although it didn't get me out of a ticket a couple years ago. Constable on the beltway just looked at it and never said a thing. Hardly said anything the whole time. Just "I've got you going x in an x, here's your ticket." Pretty sure it was quota day for him. No worries, lawyer got me out of it and I just deducted lawyer's fee from what I would donate to law enforcement. Net zero for me.
    The artist formerly known as Johnbutte1

What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms. - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Retired
      • Aug 2023

I renewed mine, primarily because we travel to and through some states that do not have constitutional carry, but do have reciprocity. I want to be able to carry when we travel, for many reasons. And, having the CHL makes buying new firearms easier, on those rare occasions when I covet a new bang stick or protection device.
      Exported Texan

Comment

Working...