Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hooked
    • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Tsip
    At my place, it's been the little black fruit/drain flies that have taken over. So far I've kept them out of the drains, but the little super-evasive bastards are all over outside and in the garage, and get in the house. I was cursing one the other day that had the whole damn world to fly around in, but no, it had to fly right into the corner of my eye. I about dropped my beer.
    Lots of those little devils around here as well as the high numbers of the wooley caterpillars.

Comment

• Bandit1
      • Aug 2023

Wooly bears everywhere in Pearland. Some mosquitos, but not bad yet. Not enough rain lately to really activate them. No flies. June bugs everywhere. Haven't seen any asps yet.
      The artist formerly known as Johnbutte1

What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms. - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Mac1528
        • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Buckweet
        Two years covered up in these, Tent caterpillars i think, not sure. But thankful this year only seen few. Took all year to clear out the cocoons they made. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1183.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	101533
        I had a chit load of these in my oak tree, took care of it with a "seven" blaster! Like almost overnight ....

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

• roundman
          • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Reality Czech
          Already getting buggy here.

Wet Springs will do that

Seeing a lot of Wooly Bear caterpillars, more than usual, and I usually see them only in the Fall.

Fireflies were out this evening while I was setting out a new game cam

I haven't hear any cicadas yet, they will probably crank up later this week when the temp climbs to near 90
          Copperheads love those things

Not many dragonflies yet, hope they show up soon, skeeters are a bother right now.

Sow/pill bugs are everywhere, in biblical plague numbers
          Good thing Sevin dust kills them so easy.

One good thing, not one biting gnat or deer flies seen yet, I hate those things

Just wondering, how are the blood suckers on the coast?
          Do I need to buy a couple more cans of repellent or a case??
          here in galveston east end flies have been very bad, fruit flies too. no seeums biting me, skeeters leaving big welps on me and spray truck came thru the other night 3 times. havent notice bugs on the ground so much but a few green lizards and the brown anoles

" TEXAS TILL I DIE "

Comment

• Walkin' Jack
            • Aug 2023

Been covered up in June bugs since last week of March. Been seeing a lot of talk about massive swarms of cicadas. Something about a 17 year cycle. Ill be oiling up the snake charmer I guess. Copperheads love em as the emerge from their shell. I heard about a chef in Louisiana that has come up with a recipe for them. I don't think so scooter!

Comment

• OneDayScratch
              • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Walkin' Jack
              Been covered up in June bugs since last week of March. Been seeing a lot of talk about massive swarms of cicadas. Something about a 17 year cycle. Ill be oiling up the snake charmer I guess. Copperheads love em as the emerge from their shell. I heard about a chef in Louisiana that has come up with a recipe for them. I don't think so scooter!
              One of those bill gates chefs....
              BOT
              Bacon, Oysters & Tacos

It's not red vs. blue, it's the state vs. you

Comment

• Bill
                Akula
                • Aug 2023

Summer of bugs

Sounds like a government plan to get more people willing to eat bugs

Comment

• Bill
                  Akula
                  • Aug 2023

DQ--The California Bahha Bug Blast...Now with less wings!
                  The BugBuster with flies

Arby's Roast Bug and Cheddar

Sonic's Route 44 Cherry Lime cricket aide (Now with more legs)

KFC--Family Bug Bucket Deal

Wing Stop---everything

Taco Bell Meat and Fleas Burritos

Long John's Silverfish

Comment

Working...