Rain!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mizpah
    • Aug 2023

Got about 1" in Edwards County early Sunday morning. Enough to make it pretty sloppy dragging ranch ride out. 4 X 4 engaged for several miles.

Comment

• Juan
      • Aug 2023

Again hardly nothing 2/10 last time 4/10 I need inched like 2-4

Comment

• Landlocked
        • Aug 2023

Just walked out in the yard. I could mow right now and only leave a few ruts. 4.5” of REALLY needed rain!!!

Comment

• BDGreen
          • Aug 2023

Originally posted by SetDaHook

Same here WBF. Water is over my bulkhead and boathouse decking. Most of my recent landscaping is toast, but hey, we're still here with no major damage. Friends in Trinity are not so lucky. Water is about 1" from getting into their house and we all know it's going to rise more before it falls. Stay safe everyone. I'm on snake patrol right now.
          I just talked to my brother and he said both the jet skis were washed out of the lift and ended up in a neighbors yard. The pontoon was shoved up against the rafters but not damaged. Looks like some homes were hit by a tornado of FM 356.
          "The enemy never sees the backs of my Texans!" - General Robert E. Lee, CSA

Comment

• Landlocked
            • Aug 2023

Livingston is letting out almost 100,000 cfps right now. Looks like I’m gonna have a fresh water lake in front of the house for a while!!

Comment

• SetDaHook
              SetDaHook commented
              Editing a comment
              Not sure where you're at, but folks in Liberty County, downstream from Livingston, hate us at times like this. It's a mess for everyone. I actually had carp swimming in the yard this morning...LOL

• BDGreen
              BDGreen commented
              Editing a comment
              His place is north of the 359 bridge. He said he's never seen the lake so high.
          • Cubera
            • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Matt
            Texans get amazed by the weather lol
            Old people to.
            That old adage that states "If you want something done right you must do it yourself!", didn't quite hold true regarding my latest surgery.
            EPSTEIN DID NOT KILL HIMSELF.​

Comment

• JSimpson
              • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Landlocked
              Livingston is letting out almost 100,000 cfps right now. Looks like I’m gonna have a fresh water lake in front of the house for a while!!
              I might have to drag out the freshwater gear. Trinity has been so fresh for months and now it looks like it will be months more.

Comment

• BDGreen
                • Aug 2023

There's now a mandatory evacuation along the Trinity River below Lake Livingston. With the amount of water they're pushing through the dam you could probably catch some nice crappie & bass on Trinity Bay.

This is a pic of the boat house at my brother's place.

Click image for larger version

Name:	flood.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	102898
                "The enemy never sees the backs of my Texans!" - General Robert E. Lee, CSA

Comment

• LouReed
                  • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Matt
                  Texans get amazed by the weather lol
                  Come on, dude, it's not just Texas. Old people (men mostly) only talk about a few things. Weather and BMs are at the top of the list. Give us a break.

Comment

• dunedawg
                    • Aug 2023

I think Larry Joe Taylor festival north of town got 3" and a big thunder lightening and windstorm just after they shut the music down on Sat night. I bet it looked like Woodstock Sunday morning.

Comment

• DEXTER
                      DEXTER commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Wow I didn't realize that was still going on! Figured it would have gotten shut down by now.
                  • WGA1
                    • Aug 2023

I'm in the river bottoms near Liberty and the river is quickly rising. Just another flood, causes all kinds of damage and leaves a heck of a mess, dealt with it all my life. Make repairs and move forward. Worst part is the looters. Times like this the scumbags have their boats tied off to their front porch. They then go out "boat riding" and break into evacuated houses, load their boat up with stolen items and drop the stuff off at their front porch. Harvey flood was the worst though, I don't think this will be near as bad, probably more like the 2015 flood. Looters got me good in 2015. Lots of basically homeless scumbags live in the Trinity River bottom. They live in abandoned houses and junk travel trailers with no electricity. They just set up in the woods on non-fenced property and live. All criminals, all of them, they are not just good ole poor people.

Comment

• SetDaHook
                      • Aug 2023

Finally was able to get out yesterday and survey the damage from the flood and saw something I've never seen in all of the floods on Lake Livingston. My eyes had a hard time comprehending what I was seeing. From a distance, it looked like a fully intact flat metal roof drifting in the middle of the lake. When it finally got closer I could see there was a pontoon boat beneath it!. Apparently, the boat was in a boat house, water rose to the point that the boat floated up to the roof, roof gave way, and the entire structure, boat and all were taking a ride down the lake. It finally came to rest near the shore and some folks tied it up to a bulkhead and are trying to locate the owner. I also saw a floating refrigerator or freezer. Weird stuff. Be careful out there.
                      Last edited by SetDaHook; 04-30-2024, 07:32 AM.

Comment

• SetDaHook
                        • Aug 2023

Here's a pic

Comment

Working...