• Show
Clear All
  • Landlocked
    • Aug 2023

Damn!!

Comment

• LouReed
      • Aug 2023

Glad you all are physically OK. Sorry for all your stuff.

Comment

• BDGreen
        • Aug 2023

Like others, I'm glad y'all are safe. That truck took a whuppin'.
        "The enemy never sees the backs of my Texans!" - General Robert E. Lee, CSA

Comment

• SmithRanchZ
          • Aug 2023

Wow. Serious tornado and hail.

Comment

• Pistol58
            • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Bandit1
            Glad you are safe! I know insurance will take care of the truck, what about damage to the campers and whatnot?
            The campers that were still there are all insured. I pulled mine back home in Feb. One of the campers is an older one and stays there, not insured.

We will rebuild it all like we always do! Just a crazy series of events. I have a new found respect for mother nature, not that I didnt before, but when you stare it in the face like that... geez

Comment

• Pistol58
              • Aug 2023

Insurance adjuster is supposed to call me today or tomorrow on the truck.

What is everyone's thoughts, totalled? I know its hard to tell from pictures, and I have tons more including video. There was 3" of water in center console, cupholders etc. The sun roof was the first thing to go, and it rained all night after..

Truck was paid off.. wasnt looking forward to a new one yet, but I dont want that one back at this point. The damage is super extensive. I cant see them being able to fix all that, at least not to any sort of satisfactory level.

Comment

• TIMBOv2
                TIMBOv2 commented
                Editing a comment
                pretty sure it will be totaled

• DEXTER
                DEXTER commented
                Editing a comment
                x2 just by the pictures I'd say it's totaled
            • Pistol58
              • Aug 2023

Originally posted by copanoson
              Click image for larger version Name:	Hail.jpg Views:	0 Size:	45.0 KB ID:	104987 One went through our lease in Menard. Took out some stands and feeders, with a clear path where trees are uprooted and stripped! Huge hail for several minutes as well.
              Yes, thats wild. I wish I knew how to upload video from my phone. The size and speed of the hail was amazing. Some of the dents on the cab pillars on the trucks, you couldnt do that with a baseball bat or sledge... I mean, they were humming in!

Comment

• wfishtx
                • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Pistol58

Yes, thats wild. I wish I knew how to upload video from my phone. The size and speed of the hail was amazing. Some of the dents on the cab pillars on the trucks, you couldnt do that with a baseball bat or sledge... I mean, they were humming in!
                I think the best way to upload video is to do it via YouTube. Upload it to YouTube and then post the link here. If you have a gmail email then you have a YouTube account.

Crazy thing to be caught in for sure. Glad you and your son made it through it okay. I'd start shopping for a new truck if I were you. That one is likely to be totaled if I had to bet on it.

Comment

• DCAVA
                  • Aug 2023

Dang glad you all are ok, as far as the truck will take thousands to repair, some can be fixed with paintless dent repair, other areas will have to need to have replacement parts or body work done and total repaint most likely. If the repairs outweigh the value of the truck ( JD Powers retail) it will be deemed a total loss. May be better for you if they total it; gonna be a lot of paintwork on that truck...

Comment

• older 37
                    • Aug 2023

Damn, glad you made it through.
                    Old is just a number

Comment

• Jay-Tex
                      • Aug 2023

WOW! That's some serious stuff! Thank GOD yall are ok..

Comment

• Bocephus
                        • Aug 2023

I know some folks that live about mile down 1773 just off of 83 south of Menard, wondering if it went through there ?
                        I miss the America I grew up in.

Comment

• 2Ws
                          • Aug 2023

Jeeez....your son had a heck of a story to tell today. Think of the wildlife lost!
                          Well cut my legs off and call me shorty

Comment

• Pistol58
                            • Aug 2023

Originally posted by 2Ws
                            Jeeez....your son had a heck of a story to tell today. Think of the wildlife lost!
                            We were thinking about that. We didnt make it back out to the field to check feeders and stands..I am sure windows, cameras and solar panels are all shot to heck.

I bet some deer and cattle took a few to the head as well. I wouldnt be surprised.

Comment

• Pistol58
                              • Aug 2023

Here is the short video I shot. This was when it first started, before it got real western. You can see how hard it was coming down, and sideways.

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

• 2Ws
                                2Ws commented
                                Editing a comment
                                yep....thats scary looking
                            Working...