LED light bulbs

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Txbigred
    • Aug 2023

Also, some are labeled not to be used in enclosed fixture's because of heat build up. Like a porch light that is completely enclosed. Some can't handle the heat, have to be able to dissipate it.

Comment

• LouReed
      • Aug 2023

I will add that when we went from incandescent to compact fluorescents, the same exact issues came up. Cheap Chinese products flooded HD and I was goin g through the CFs as often as incandescent lamps. A friend in the industry told me to stick with American brands. Even though their lamps may have been made overseas, they had some QC control over the products.

Same thing now with LED, except without the horrible color rendering of CFs.

Besides the energy savings, LED lamps have the best color control of any lamps ever made. Just look for their temperature (color) rating in Kelvin scale. Lower - 4,000-5,000 - is more yellow (in case that is what you love about incandescent) and higher - 6,000-8,000 - is more blue/white. The lower the number, the more relaxing, the higher, the more alert they'll make you.

Comment

• WhiteBassFisher
        WhiteBassFisher commented
        Editing a comment
        That Kelvin color scale is very handy, you are correct. And of course the desired effect varies from room to room.

• LouReed
        LouReed commented
        Editing a comment
        I have a police station I'm working on and the sergeant who was in charge of working with us on such matters wanted 8,000 Kelvin lights. We had 6,500 spec'd & had to bring in an expert to discuss the potential stress that color can add to the already stressful existence of being in law enforcement.
    • SGrem
      • Aug 2023

If you have power spikes look for bulbs rated to 130v....

Comment

• WillieT
        • Aug 2023

We had our last house built in 2019 and just sold it a couple of weeks ago. The builder put all LED lights. I do not remember changing out one bulb while we lived there. That ain’t too bad in my opinion

Comment

• Flounderface
          • Aug 2023

Or just get a pencil and fix it.

Take an Ordinary Pencil and Repair all the Led Bulb in Your Home ! (youtube.com)

Comment

Working...