Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BDGreen
    • Aug 2023

Originally posted by WhiteBassFisher
    I feel naive about this. I have never tried chipotle because i had no idea what it was..... supposedly smoke dried jalapenos. I don't care to eat whole fresh jalapenos, but really like cooked jalapeno flavor. I will definite try some.
    What is with wanting super thin hamburger patties though? Egg rings come in many sizes, very reasonably priced, and are great for forming burger patties in.
    The thin patties, or smash burgers, cook faster and gives a little char to it. If I'm making smash burgers I'll put two of them on the bun. BUT, from time to time I'll buy the thick already formed and seasoned patties at HEB.
    "The enemy never sees the backs of my Texans!" - General Robert E. Lee, CSA

Comment

• Newtron
      • Aug 2023

Just my preference but from working at a family food joint in the 70s we decided that a lightly squished round ball was loose and not as dense as a compressed / squished burger. A little juicier. Way before smashed burgers and crispy crust.
      Might want to give it a try.
      After the family restaurant I was a grill cook at Steak and Shake on 1960. We squished the crap out of those burgers.
      We’d love to help you out. Which way did you come in?

Comment

• WGA1
        • Aug 2023

I have used the Jesse Kelly recipe many times. I like them and it is an easy recipe.

Comment

• dwilliams35
          • Aug 2023

Did it once, not all that impressed.

Comment

Working...