Market jacked up

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Its Catchy
    • Aug 2023

Not a good day today. The worst of both worlds as inflation jumps and the economy slowed. After months of champing at the bit to get back in the market and partake in some of these big gains my bird in the hand at 5% seems to be a good choice. At least for now...

Comment

• Drrpm2004
      • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Its Catchy
      Not a good day today. The worst of both worlds as inflation jumps and the economy slowed. After months of champing at the bit to get back in the market and partake in some of these big gains my bird in the hand at 5% seems to be a good choice. At least for now...
      I love red days personally. Buy when others are fearful is what I always go by. 5% has been a safe bet no doubt!
      There are 2 ways to make money in the markets and I trade them both. Being that I'm not retiring soon, I have a little more aggressiveness in my portfolio.

Comment

• copanoson
        • Aug 2023

Over a 12 month period, the market has been good...up 20% for me. Year to date has been slower. Started out good but has fizzled in the last month or so.

Investors want to bet the FEDz will start cutting rates this year but all the data they rely on keeps pushing back.

Comment

• 98aggie77566
          • Aug 2023

And…we are back LOL!

What a roller coaster.

Comment

• Matt
            • Aug 2023

Originally posted by 98aggie77566
            And…we are back LOL!

What a roller coaster.
            Sup with IBM buying hashicorp lol. Thats going to be a mess. We use that for encryption at rest on Weka.io because weka has no integrated E.A.R. VAST for AI workloads brother.... NOT all in on weka.

That last couple of weeks was like stepping into air off a curb.

Comment

• Batwing
              • Aug 2023

Should get in on META with this guy. He bought a million dollars worth of the last month or so. LOL
              Attached Files

Comment

• 98aggie77566
                • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Matt

Sup with IBM buying hashicorp lol. Thats going to be a mess. We use that for encryption at rest on Weka.io because weka has no integrated E.A.R. VAST for AI workloads brother.... NOT all in on weka.

That last couple of weeks was like stepping into air off a curb.
                I got to hang out with the VAST exec team at their GTC party…great group of folks with an amazing product.

What do you think of NVIDIA buying Run.ai….and the buzz around NIMs?

Comment

• Matt
                  • Aug 2023

Originally posted by 98aggie77566

I got to hang out with the VAST exec team at their GTC party…great group of folks with an amazing product.

What do you think of NVIDIA buying Run.ai….and the buzz around NIMs?
                  Deploying run.ai now for some AI cluster for the VA. AI for vet suicide prevention stuff. Good move from nvda. Much better scheduling for AI , kube, gpu partitioning ,etc than slurm(sched md). Not a major money maker but just another tool that goes hand in hand with nvda offerings.

Will see how it goes starting at amd in june. Turned down nvda for the underdog, on purpose 😂
                  Last edited by Matt; 04-27-2024, 06:04 AM.

Comment

• RRbohemian
                    RRbohemian commented
                    Editing a comment
                    What group at AMD are you going to work for? I retired from AMD back in May of 2022. It has a nice campus off of Southwest Parkway in Austin. If you have any questions about the people send me a message and I will give you the scoop on personnel and culture. It was a great company to work for and it allowed me to retire early.
                • 98aggie77566
                  • Aug 2023

Betting on the underdog can be life changing…….

Comment

• RRbohemian
                    • Aug 2023

Found this interesting: https://www.fool.com/investing/2024/...=mw_quote_news
                    Why am I so cynical of the media and the government these days?

Comment

• Its Catchy
                      • Aug 2023

Originally posted by RRbohemian
                      Seems like a smart play. A recent study showed that congressional portfolios outperformed the S&P 500 by 10% on average. Some members did much better than others.

Comment

• Matt
                        • Aug 2023

150k in on amd see how it goes. This is a good discussion 🤙

Comment

• Matt
                          • Aug 2023

I think amd is more methodical and watching the mistakes that nvda has made. They also have the cpu side. The gpu/tpu side seems like a startup almost. Like i mentioned to @agg building a rocket ship in the garage with pizza boxes laying around. Will be interesting either way!

Comment

• Reality Czech
                            • Aug 2023

Hot stock tip

Buy low
                            Sell high

Then take all the earnings and spend it on beans, bullets, bacon, and booze before the dollar is worthless.
                            Twilight Zone Refugee

Comment

• Matt
                              • Aug 2023

Aggie,

big blue is always behind

Aggie,

You think nvda is eyeing lambda labs acquisition? Or coreweave? Lambda calling to pull 1.2B in 2024??? 600MM last year...still private.

Comment

Working...